Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Add Oil Crew
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone way of telling the difference between a base model and type s of the same year, from the outside? I know you can tell from the badges but that can be faked. Is there any cheat code way of spotting the difference like there was with the integras?

·
0 Posts
Is there anyone way of telling the difference between a base model and type s of the same year, from the outside? I know you can tell from the badges but that can be faked. Is there any cheat code way of spotting the difference like there was with the integras?
The skirts and lip are often black on the Base and the front rotors are smaller, and Type-S never had cloth seats but as you mentioned, Base people but Type-S stuff on their RSX's all the time, so that is no guarantee of anything.

Why do you ask?

·
Add Oil Crew
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The skirts and lip are often black on the Base and the front rotors are smaller, and Type-S never had cloth seats but as you mentioned, Base people but Type-S stuff on their RSX's all the time, so that is no guarantee of anything.

Why do you ask?
Im not going to trick anyone lol. I was just wondering because they look the same from the outside but for integras there were ways to tell such as tail light spoiler, sun roof and all that.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Assuming the car is stock, the differences are:

- non painted front lip and side skirts
- smaller exhaust
- smaller brakes
- cluster
- shift knob, and actual shift pattern of shifter
- under the hood, won't have front upper strut bar or mounts
- Engine!!

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Im not going to trick anyone lol. I was just wondering because they look the same from the outside but for integras there were ways to tell such as tail light spoiler, sun roof and all that.
my teggy had a sunroof and wasnt a gsr

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
the side skirts are different from the base to a type s on the 05-06, they come with different stock wheels on the 05-06, and the bases usually don't have a deck lid or the high aspec wing.. plus of coarse the brakes and the exhaust visually look bigger

·
#rtgmotorsports
269 Posts
the side skirts are different from the base to a type s on the 05-06, they come with different stock wheels on the 05-06, and the bases usually don't have a deck lid or the high aspec wing.. plus of coarse the brakes and the exhaust visually look bigger
exactly, 05-06 type s have more aggressive sides.

·
Mmm, 3rd lobe...
10,462 Posts
Assuming the car is stock, the differences are:

- non painted front lip and side skirts
- smaller exhaust
- smaller brakes
- cluster
- shift knob, and actual shift pattern of shifter
- under the hood, won't have front upper strut bar or mounts
- Engine!!
+

-non painted washer nozzles
-no rear lower tie bar
-single DIN radio vs Bose
-ride height is fractionally higher too

·
Mmm, 3rd lobe...
10,462 Posts
My nozzles aren't painted...:noes:

But I prefer them not to be on a NBP
That may be why.

Now I'm curious if they just didn't bother on the black cars...

·
I don't know you
16,611 Posts
That may be why.

Now I'm curious if they just didn't bother on the black cars...
02-04 all models had flat black nozzles.

the other easy way to tell from the motor is to look for the black plastic intake manifold on a base, versus the aluminum/silver one on the type s.

·
Mmm, 3rd lobe...
10,462 Posts
02-04 all models had flat black nozzles.

the other easy way to tell from the motor is to look for the black plastic intake manifold on a base, versus the aluminum/silver one on the type s.
Then we may have another Canada vs US difference here because my '04 Type S has painted nozzles.

I know the US cars didn't have heated seats until a year or two in when we had them from the start.

·
Mmm, 3rd lobe...
10,462 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts