Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok ok ok.... my greddy front lip came in and my jdm rear lip (replica) is coming in tommorrow.... i ordered em' from a local performance shop... i told him to get me the abs plastic version and he said ok... the thing is this fucker is kinda shady so i cant trust him that much.... when it comes in tommrow, can you guys gives me tips on how to tell the difference between abs plastic/ polyurethane and fiberglass; so that i dont get screwed over? cuz i dont want the fiberglass one..... so is there any way i can tell by the way it looks? feels? ect ect?

please let me kno asap exterior mod guru's!!!

thanks

-john :thumbsup:

·
Registered
408 Posts
there are made of diff material, feel is so much diff it is almost impossible to not be able to tell the difference. urethane is flexible and fiberglass isnt.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
j1nb0 said:
there are made of diff material, feel is so much diff it is almost impossible to not be able to tell the difference. urethane is flexible and fiberglass isnt.

so what should i ddo? try to bendd it? please someoine help me asap!

·
Registered
39 Posts
:iamwiths: polyurethane is most likely in black color.....really soft....you can twist and bend the thing and it'll pop back to it's orgional shape.....fiberglass is a lot harder than polyerethane....and it's got lines in the back of the kit......
you can def. tell the difference b/w polyurethane and fiberglass......fiberglass is either baby blue color, gray, or white.....or greenish....but polyurethane is mostly black....at least all the polyurethane i seen r in black...and i work in a import car shop.....^^

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
kinda knock on each one. the one that has kind of an echo and is hard and brittle feeling is going to be fiberglass. and it won't be flexible. poly is bendable and sounds solid when knocked on. trust me...u can tell the difference. also...fiberglass is going to be very thin as opposed to poly which is usually made pretty thick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts