Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there. can anyone tell me how to wire my halo's and what i need in order to complete the job. i don't have hid's, what size bulbs go in there? also, how long does this job take. thanks.

·
Honda4Ever
7,580 Posts
Go to radio shack and get t-tap connectors, the red ones. You have to tap into the parking light wires, expose by cutting away the plastic covering but don't cut the wires. Tap the shorter set into the longer set then tap the red into read and white into black.

·
Premium Member
20,800 Posts
Just posted this in the other thread:

Here's the 3 options you have.

Option 1 is the easiest and most common here, but also the worst and most installers will not recommend t-taps for an auto installation.

Option 2 is what I plan on doing. It's clean, it's easy, it's reliable. Crimp happy job.

Option 3 is the best way to do it, as soldering a connection is the most reliable way to keep that connection solid.

Note: I will be installing disconnects to the halos. These are optional. If you need to remove your lamp units at any time it's a good idea to have them there though. Better safe than sorry

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys for getting back to me. question, where are these wires that i am supposed to be tapping into gonna be. are they coming our of the headlights that are there now, sorry to ask such a stupid question. i've never done this before. anyone with pics that might be able to help. or maybe anyone in jersey that might be willing to come over and help.

·
Premium Member
20,800 Posts
ntwillie1 said:
thanks guys for getting back to me. question, where are these wires that i am supposed to be tapping into gonna be. are they coming our of the headlights that are there now, sorry to ask such a stupid question. i've never done this before. anyone with pics that might be able to help. or maybe anyone in jersey that might be willing to come over and help.
They come out from the parking lights man. Just have a look and you can't miss it.
It's the light bulb in the top-outside corner of each headlamp... the one that ISN'T a highbeam, lowbeam or turn signal :D

There's a black plastic wrapped thing going to it. Unwrap the plastic (no need to cut), and you'll see there are 2 wires inside, one black and one red.

You will need to repeat one of the options illustrated above 4 times (2 wires per side, 2 sides)

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
so if i were to go to radio shack thats the connecter i ask for? the crimp on butt connector and crimp on disconnects?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks. i think i'll just go ahead and drive right in tomorrow night. oh dang, what about light bulbs, do stock sizes still fit or do i change size now. i'd like to go with some philips blue vision or sylvania silverstars

·
Premium Member
20,800 Posts
snarff said:
so if i were to go to radio shack thats the connecter i ask for? the crimp on butt connector and crimp on disconnects?
A normal "butt connector" is only 2-way.

You'd need 4 4-way butt connectors and 8 insulated quick-disconnect pairs (they have a male and female side, 8 of each).

Note: Radio shack will probably NOT have the 4-way connector because they suck... at least in Canada they suck, in the US everything is bigger so they might have it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for getting back to me on the size of the bulbs so quick. now i can go order them. thanks a lot to everyone who helped me out. i'll try and post some pics after i'm done with the install.
peace

1 - 10 of 10 Posts