Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it true that if u get an oil change before actually driving the car, you increase the bhp??? :dontknow:

·
Registered
741 Posts
I don't know about that, but it will surely make your car run better. Probably add a little performance, but not by adding hp. It's just like cleaning your air filter once in a while, you'll get better gas mileage (noticeable if you haven't cleaned it in like a year).

·
Department's Peon
640 Posts
Ballrof2k said:
is it true that if u get an oil change before actually driving the car, you increase the bhp??? :dontknow:
i doubt it

·
VS. Godzilla
2,220 Posts
I think he meant change oil when your car has 0 miles on it at the dealership before taking it to the street...

·
Department's Peon
640 Posts
i believe the owner's manuel said not to do that

·
Registered
439 Posts
Isn't that what you do in gran turismo 3, to get more horsepower? But no i beleive thats the break in oil, and should be replaced when required.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya duger...my friend got the idea from gran turismo..lame question(i know)...thanx for teh responses everyone

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
in grand tourismo if you got your oil changed before driving it, you would get an extra 50 horse power or something like that. I wouldnt suggest you do that with a real car though. The oil in the car when it is brand new is ment to break in the engine and should be changed anywhere from 3-5 thousand miles

·
Registered
301 Posts
I think thats only on Grand Tourismo 3.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts