Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on getting a cai but i'm paranoid about hydrolocking. i had a cai on my 99 si and had no problems (had it for like two years). I was just wondering if in your experience you should just stick with sri (although cai is probably better gains) because of hydrolocking. :dontknow:

·
Unlucky
178 Posts
I've had a CAI in my car for a little over a year and I had been paranoid about hydrolocking too. I recently drove through a ton of water when we had some recent flooding in this area, probably 6-8 inches deep in the dip of the road I went through. I had absolutely no time to stop and thought the worst was going to happen but everything was fine. If you drive through enough water to hydrolock this car, you've got more things to be worried about than hydrolocking, like your car floating away, the interior flooding, or drowning! :nervous:

·
Registered
7,670 Posts
yea, it rains too much here in Texas, i really wanted a CAI but in the past weeks i've been driving through alot of waters lately and that just made my decision to get a V2, coming this weekend!

·
Registered
479 Posts
west texas (el paso) never sees rain...lucky me I guess. I think our annual rain fall is like 3-5 inches...lol

as for hydrolocking, just be sure to hold the clutch in or put the car in neutral while going over puddles of water to be on the safe side. Or try to avoid them all together.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I don't know about RSX, but a friend of mine has a stock 99 M3, one day it was raining fairly hard here, after driving for about 30 min in the rain, he goes home, the next day the car wouldn't start and the air filter was full of water, that just goes to show you that this could happen to any car, CAI just increases your chances, plus engine mods always decrease reliability.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.