Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
silver dicks
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new rider.. i took the msf course last summer and passed on a '06 nighthawk 250. it's spring time 2007 and i have the money now.. and looks like it's going to be between these two.

which do you think is a better bike all around.. not just looks. :p

·
Halolcat Crew
10,906 Posts
I've read that the fit and finish on the gt250r is no where near up to par what you get on the japanese bikes. While you get maybe a better looking bike and some nice things like some usd forks, I'd still highly recommend the ninja 250. Great aftermarket support, AND, you can find one used for cheap and it will run like a champ.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
it's a 250. unless you're planning to keep it forever, spend less and buy a used ninja 250. save that extra cash for gear.

·
CRSX South Bike Crew
367 Posts
it's a 250. unless you're planning to keep it forever, spend less and buy a used ninja 250. save that extra cash for gear.
I agree. I kinda wanted that bike when I first saw it but the ninja has been around forever and you know you can always sell it easily for what you paid for it. I know you'll wanna upgrade soon as well so just practice and save up for gear or when you upgrade if you do:thumbsup:

·
baby buffett
13,382 Posts
neither!

·
Tell me when to go
3,853 Posts
first one looks way better, but ninja I havent heard anyone complain with the ninja. Also you can get a used ninja for cheap, and upgrade once your ready

·
Acura 3.2TL
3,836 Posts
The Hyosung GT250R uses Suzuki motors and parts. The Ninja 250 is bullet proof reliable and excelent handling. Choice is really upto you. Can't really lose on either one. Sad that the US doesn't get the ZZR250 as we do. Kawi wil lsell boatloads of the ZZR250 if they were to sell in the USA.

·
Lazy-ass Member
2,089 Posts
when i was shopping for my bike i considered a new ninja 250, new hyosung 250, or a used 250.

i went to a kawi dealership and sat on the hyosung and didn't like the fit & finish and the overall quality of the bike. don't get me wrong, it MIGHT be a good bike but it looked cheap to me. everything looked... just cheap.

i also considered a new ex250 but after dealer fees and all that bs it just didn't seem to be worth the price.

finally, i found a used '04 250 and couldn't be happier with it. i got a full tune-up, new tires, and new brake pads and it's running like a champ!!!
if i ever want to get rid of the bike (not sure at this point because it's such a good commuter bike) i'm pretty sure that i can get at least as much as i paid for it so my true cost would be only what i pay for maintenance.

also, since it's a used bike with a few scratches i don't have to be paranoid about it.

anyway, my vote is for the ninja 250 :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts