Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for those of you that have had a chance to ride both, what do you prefer? Personally, I love the usable torque of my SV but my opinion is a bit biased since I've only ridden a friends R6. Top end was insane but below 10 or 11k rpm's the bike didn't have alot of grunt.

I may get to ride an F4i soon so I think that will be a better representation of the I-4 since they're more "street worthy" bikes but for now I'll stick with the twins :beerchug:

Oh, and I threw in the tripple just for kiicks and giggles since it's supposedly the best of both worlds :dontknow:

What do you prefer?

lat-R

·
7,587 Posts
R6 doesn't live up to its name until after 8k

The F4i which I rode a few weeks ago, its down low torque was horrible but once it got up in the RPM's it was ok.

My gsxr 600 is awesome, its smooth through the whole powerband. Nice low end grunt with a screaming top end.

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
5,574 Posts
They both have their perks.

From the i4 camp, i've ridden an 06 gsxr100, 06 gsxr750, 04 gsxr600, 03 R6, 03 and 04 600rr, 00 929rr, 02 F4i.

From the twin camp, I've ridden an 04 RC51 and 05 SV650S.

For me, I like the low end grunt of the twins, and the fact that I can be out of the power band and still have the bike accelerate. But I love the kick of the i4s.

If I could only have 1, I'd have a twin. Nothing like it, but in the end, i have no doubt the i4 has more potential.

For what it's worth, I rode jp182's 04 600rr at beaverun right after i rode my 05 sv650, and ran .5 secs faster with the sv. I think if given more seat time, I could have knocked at least 1.5 secs off my time with his rr.

·
LOL wut
8,728 Posts
iv never ridden a triple...but iv heard they have a notorious powerband...i love inline 4 but i know i will eventually end with a liter twin...

·
Halolcat Crew
10,906 Posts
After getting the tuono, its twins for me all the way. I haven't been on the rack so the power of an i4 is never really going to be used.

Plus, I think twins and triples have more charimsa for the most part (until you get to bikes like MV).

Remember the scene in 2 fast 2 furious where idiot tyrese starts revving the shit out of his eclipse? then the other guy just hits the gas in his yenko? That happened to me once except I was the yenko. I just made that ricer look like a pussy.

Of course I looked dumb too but oh well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts