Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I want all of your opinions please as I am new and know little about Acuras I am looking at purchasing this car

http://www.lutherauto.com/Preowned-Inventory.aspx?InventoryId=20405817

The dealer said they will sell it for 10,600 is that a good deal I dont know prices for these.
The car has hail damage and is mainly concentrated on the roof and hood. You can view the carfax on the same link too. I really liked the car and I have been looking at Celicas for a long time now but I thought I should look at something else too thank you all.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont really plan to mod it much maybe a CF hood to eliminate that hail damage. I really just want to know if thats a fair price or if its too much.

·
JDM>USDM
38,437 Posts
The highest I'd pay for it is 10k but I doubt I'd even buy a hail damaged vehicle. My brother's old Civic got damaged by quarter-sized hail and it cost 4,500.

If you do plan on buying it, just tell the guy it's gonna cost a few thousand to fix the hail damage and see if he budges, if not, try to find another RSX.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Not bad for the mileage but for that amount you can get a type s for like 5 grand more with around the same mileage. Take my word for it i bought a fpr base auto for 9 even with 136000 miles i wanted to go lower but i brought them down from 125000. Paid it full out the door never looked back. But i regret i coulda got the gsr they had in the back for like 6-7gs but i still have a civic ex that needs a motor build and alot of tlc.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some one traded it in with the hail damage I know its spendy to fix it. Maybe I will try and see if I can get something at the Minneapolis Auto Auction here.

·
Banned
8,155 Posts
wud make a nice daily driver but I think its worth it to step up to the RSX-S. I'm still looking for one. and that price aint too good. 10K max.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lol I dont want a Type S thats why I am looking at that base one. If I had a bunch of money to blow on insurance costs and gas and mods what have you I think I would look at a Type S. People on these forums make me laugh. Dont buy that car get a Type S, dont get the Celica GT get the GTS, dont buy a C6 get a Z06. Sorry I am just getting frustrated I have been looking to get a car for a long time.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
the base is a great, solid car. its great for city driving and it will always put a smile on your face. however, that particular one is a little overpriced for an 02 with 61k miles.

·
i flip tires
21 Posts
i paid 14000 for my base with leather with 62000 i over paid but the car was so clean inside n out no body dam no oil leaks really taken care of but if i would have re-serched the diff in the k20a2 n k20a3 i would have looked harder for the type-s.... btw at the time i was looking i couldnt find a type-s that haddent been modifiyed or wreaked so i bought a base 5spd after tryin to find a type-s for like 60days

·
Registered
179 Posts
personally i dont think you should buy an rsx from a dealership. search this forum theres plenty of cars for sale from club members, you will get a much better deal and the cars will be in better condition.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts