Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, temporarily I am. I am sending my ECU back to Hondata today for an "upgrade." Over this weekend Dave (Swwifty) will be out of town, so I am running the Mugen while he is gone. I haven't really got to experience everything with it yet, so I will post more later. I will say one thing though...





SMOOOOOOOOTH!!!! :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,274 Posts
swwifty said:
hey, where did my ECU go?!!?!? :confused:


:laughing: :thumbsup:

any of you ATL guys have a Type R spoiler in satin silver? i cant decide if i want one or not...was thinking about bolting it down and seeing for a lil while (hours not a day or two heh)

and the ECU swap thing....works for me too; try hondata before i buy (hah w/e i'll buy it either way hehe)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,429 Posts
silver RSX-S said:
any of you ATL guys have a Type R spoiler in satin silver? i cant decide if i want one or not...was thinking about bolting it down and seeing for a lil while (hours not a day or two heh)

and the ECU swap thing....works for me too; try hondata before i buy (hah w/e i'll buy it either way hehe)
yeah come up here and we could put my k-pro in your car for a while so you could see what its like :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
silver RSX-S said:
any of you ATL guys have a Type R spoiler in satin silver? i cant decide if i want one or not...was thinking about bolting it down and seeing for a lil while (hours not a day or two heh)

and the ECU swap thing....works for me too; try hondata before i buy (hah w/e i'll buy it either way hehe)
I already had Hondata's K20A reflash, but the K-Pro is now on it's way.

As for the Type R spoiler, you will have to go to the South board under US. Between Dave and I, you will not even find a regular spoiler. :laughing:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,274 Posts
swwifty said:
yeah come up here and we could put my k-pro in your car for a while so you could see what its like :p

if i did that i'd be too tempted to just charge kpro to my card.....i'd love to do it tho hehehehe.....

BigDawg said:
I already had Hondata's K20A reflash, but the K-Pro is now on it's way.

As for the Type R spoiler, you will have to go to the South board under US. Between Dave and I, you will not even find a regular spoiler. :laughing:
hmmm i might do that. no matter how many photoshops i do it just doesnt work out right still ya know. i just wanna know if i want it or not
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
silver RSX-S said:
if i did that i'd be too tempted to just charge kpro to my card.....i'd love to do it tho hehehehe.....



hmmm i might do that. no matter how many photoshops i do it just doesnt work out right still ya know. i just wanna know if i want it or not
naw. don't do it.
 

·
Power of Dreams
Joined
·
1,759 Posts
swwifty said:
yeah come up here and we could put my k-pro in your car for a while so you could see what its like :p
So swwifty, what are you going to do with the Mugen ECU now that you have the K-Pro? And what Mugen ECU is this, the One Make Race version with revs limited to 8600 or the N1 Race version with revs specified by the buyer from 8600-9200?

Curious...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
K20ADC5R said:
So swwifty, what are you going to do with the Mugen ECU now that you have the K-Pro? And what Mugen ECU is this, the One Make Race version with revs limited to 8600 or the N1 Race version with revs specified by the buyer from 8600-9200?

Curious...
He is out of town, so I will pick this up. He has found a buyer for the Mugen. It is the HOA one make version.
 

·
Power of Dreams
Joined
·
1,759 Posts
BigDawg said:
He is out of town, so I will pick this up. He has found a buyer for the Mugen. It is the HOA one make version.
Thanks. I would love to get the K-Pro, but lack of a dyno here is moving me towards the Mugen ECU in N1 trim. I don't want to lower my revs to 8600 as I already can rev to 8800 on the stock ECU. It is simply plug and go rip shit up, whereas the K-Pro I would be playing guessing games like I am doing now with the A'pexi V-AFC2. Please report back how you like the feel of the Mugen ECU after driving around for sometime.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
K20ADC5R said:
Thanks. I would love to get the K-Pro, but lack of a dyno here is moving me towards the Mugen ECU in N1 trim. I don't want to lower my revs to 8600 as I already can rev to 8800 on the stock ECU. It is simply plug and go rip shit up, whereas the K-Pro I would be playing guessing games like I am doing now with the A'pexi V-AFC2. Please report back how you like the feel of the Mugen ECU after driving around for sometime.
I posted a long review last night, but thanks to the servers being worked on it got lost.

I will do another after work today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,461 Posts
swwifty said:
hey, where did my ECU go?!!?!? :confused:


:laughing: :thumbsup:
I ate it! :thumbsup:

BigDawg, glad to hear you have the Kpro on the way! Can't wait to see how much more power you can squeeze out of your engine. :wavey:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Spent198 said:
I ate it! :thumbsup:

BigDawg, glad to hear you have the Kpro on the way! Can't wait to see how much more power you can squeeze out of your engine. :wavey:
Thanks man. I will know soon enough.

I have actually had the box sitting at my house for over a week, but was waiting on Dave to go out of town so that I could get a hold of the Mugen. His car is now sitting at his house with no ECU. His stock is at Hondata, my K20A reflashed ECU is a t Hondata, and the Mugen is in my car. :laughing:

When I hit the dyno, I have a good idea of what I want to do with my setup. I have had a good enough amount of seat time with the Mugen to know the good points of it versus the K20A flash, and vice versa.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Spent198 said:
I ate it! :thumbsup:

BigDawg, glad to hear you have the Kpro on the way! Can't wait to see how much more power you can squeeze out of your engine. :wavey:

WHOA!!! You traded your Base?

Please tell me you pulled the header and stuff off before hand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,461 Posts
BigDawg said:
WHOA!!! You traded your Base?

Please tell me you pulled the header and stuff off before hand.
Of course I did! Would I be that stupid? :thumbsup:

And yes, I finally got my hands on a 2004 ABP RSX-S!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Spent198 said:
Of course I did! Would I be that stupid? :thumbsup:

And yes, I finally got my hands on a 2004 ABP RSX-S!
well hell yea, welcome to the darkside.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,461 Posts
BlackNite said:
Night and day between base and Type-S hum? I went from a modded 02 base auto to a 03 Type-S. After I broke in the Type-S and learned to drive it properly. I was like :eek:
Yes, it is quite a huge difference. I am still mastering stick but I am sure that in due time all will be just dandy. :laughing:
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top