Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2002 Acura RSX Type S - Silver
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

So after 10 years apart, I have come back and have been lucky enough to find my way back in to an Acura RSX Type S.

So I’m 35 years old. In 2004 when I was 17, my parents bought me a lightly used silver 2003 Acura RSX Type S. It had 19k miles and had one owner whose parents were selling it because he got too many tickets. I immediately threw on an AEM cold air intake (huge pain in the ass!) and a Greddy Evo 2 exhaust and proceeded to beat the hell out of that car throughout high school and college. I loved the car. So light and nimble with a redline in the 8k range. Not enough power to get in to too much trouble. The perfect recipe.

In 2013, on my way home from work, I was texting and driving and looked up just in time to see me slam into the back of a work truck with a long exposed hitch. The hitch pierced right through the bumper and in to the radiator. The car was driveable but the insurance company totaled it. Tragic.

Fast forward to 2022. I’m 35 and I’ve had a dozen or so cars since the Acura, with some triple the price of the RSXs. None of them left an impression on me like the RSXs did. I have some extra money in savings and decide it’s time to try to reclaim my youth. I begin my search and immediately find a car almost identical to mine. The only difference is my original car was a 2003 and this one is a 2002. Bone stock. 122k miles, which is actually the exact amount of miles that my original car had before it was totaled. I had it prepurchase inspected and it came back with a good grade with some normal wear and tear parts that need to be replaced. I paid $10k for the car and it was the easiest $10k I’ve spent in a long time. I probably overpaid by $1k to $1.5k for the nostalgia factor but I’m 100% ok with that. Driving this car with some Taking Back Sunday playing brings me back to a simpler, happier time. I plan to invest $2500 or so to get it in to great mechanical shape and fix some of the exterior flaws it’s accumulated after 20 years on the road. I’m very glad to be back in this car and will be posting with a ton of questions. Thanks!

· Registered
20 Posts
Hey guys,

So after 10 years apart, I have come back and have been lucky enough to find my way back in to an Acura RSX Type S.

So I’m 35 years old. In 2004 when I was 17, my parents bought me a lightly used silver 2003 Acura RSX Type S. It had 19k miles and had one owner whose parents were selling it because he got too many tickets. I immediately threw on an AEM cold air intake (huge pain in the ass!) and a Greddy Evo 2 exhaust and proceeded to beat the hell out of that car throughout high school and college. I loved the car. So light and nimble with a redline in the 8k range. Not enough power to get in to too much trouble. The perfect recipe.

In 2013, on my way home from work, I was texting and driving and looked up just in time to see me slam into the back of a work truck with a long exposed hitch. The hitch pierced right through the bumper and in to the radiator. The car was driveable but the insurance company totaled it. Tragic.

Fast forward to 2022. I’m 35 and I’ve had a dozen or so cars since the Acura, with some triple the price of the RSXs. None of them left an impression on me like the RSXs did. I have some extra money in savings and decide it’s time to try to reclaim my youth. I begin my search and immediately find a car almost identical to mine. The only difference is my original car was a 2003 and this one is a 2002. Bone stock. 122k miles, which is actually the exact amount of miles that my original car had before it was totaled. I had it prepurchase inspected and it came back with a good grade with some normal wear and tear parts that need to be replaced. I paid $10k for the car and it was the easiest $10k I’ve spent in a long time. I probably overpaid by $1k to $1.5k for the nostalgia factor but I’m 100% ok with that. Driving this car with some Taking Back Sunday playing brings me back to a simpler, happier time. I plan to invest $2500 or so to get it in to great mechanical shape and fix some of the exterior flaws it’s accumulated after 20 years on the road. I’m very glad to be back in this car and will be posting with a ton of questions. Thanks! View attachment 571383
View attachment 571377 View attachment 571384
View attachment 571379 View attachment 571385 View attachment 571380 View attachment 571382 View attachment 571381 View attachment 571376
Definitely overpaid but it is worth it 100%. I would overpay for this as well. It’s in really clean shape

1 - 9 of 9 Posts