Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
*BOOSTED* Lead Foot
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But Richard and Lee are frikin' GENIUSES!!!

Ok, late today, I drove to a popular fast food place for a quick bite to eat. When I go back out to my car, my car won't start...well, if it starts it quickly dies! So I called up CN while stranded...Richard beared with me and helped me through most of the problems, and for some reason, act of god, or miracle, my car starts working with Lee on the phone!

So I nursed my car home (it ran ok home, even with a little boost), popped the rear seat took out my fuel pump like they said to. I remember in one of my previous threads that I was pretty sure my JBweld and gasket maker plug would work. I squirted the gasket maker up the right fuel tube, let it dry a little, and then made a JBweld cap over it all to hopefully hold it all in place...

This was the reason why my car wouldn't start...I didn't gum up the system or suck any of that stuff up, as I took the fuel pump, there was the jbweld cap sitting there in one peice! I look around in the fuel tank, there's the gasket maker plug!

I would like to have CN seriously consider what I did tonight as a solution to include in their instruction manual. Cybernation really is adamant and wants you to follow the instructions on this area..they insist on screwing a bolt up the tube. I was thinkin' that a plug of some type would suffice...as I found out, I was wrong. Now the solution: don't use a socket wrench to drive the bolt up the tube. USE A POWER DRILL SET TO LOW SPEED, A SOCKET ADAPTOR, AND A 12mm SOCKET TO DRIVE THE BOLT UP THE TUBE!!!!

using a socket driver is useless in this part. I was thinking that the potential sparks that I see inside the power drill may spark the fumes and ignite me and whatever I'm working on..it's fine to use the powerdrill, just go out into open air with your drill, pump, and whatever you use as a rag and screw it in, it's easy! I spent 2 hours during the initial install on trying to drive that bolt up into the pump with no success. Using a power drill made it a peice of cake!

I know this will help any of you out there that have done, will do, or are planning on doing. PLEASE FOLLOW CN'S INSTRUCTIONS! but CN, PLEASE have people use the power drill to drive that bolt!

So as it is, my bolt is finally installed, and I'm going to go see how she drives now!:) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
cool

·
*BOOSTED* Lead Foot
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
she's driving great now:) fuel delivery problem fixed!

now to see why I smoke...

·
Registered
10 Posts
i'm pretty sure a genius could think of a better solution for capping off a fuel line than "screwing a bolt up the line" you know, especially since they make fuel line cap off plugs. be sure to stick a band-aid around that bolt to...it will be more fitting.

·
*BOOSTED* Lead Foot
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok Genius, why don't you try using a fuel line cap off plug and get back with us?
Nothing, and I mean NOTHING else found will hold up in the fuel tank besides the same vinyl that the fuel pump is made of, and metal like that bolt. That bolt is going nowhere now and it's been working great!

·
Registered
10 Posts
you do know they make fuel line cap offs in all kinds of metal right? from aluminum to brass. you can also find them in gas/oil resistent plastic.

·
*BOOSTED* Lead Foot
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
true, true...but I don't think they'd hold on that tube for the modification of the fuel pump, not even a fuel line cap off...I don't think it'd provide enough of a seal on the vinyl plastic tube... :dontknow: CN guys, what do you think?

·
fudge em
3,848 Posts
Most-Wanted said:
OK, How are they geniuses if your car won't run with their kit?
have trouble reading, he said he didn't follow there instructions when capping off the feul line.

·
*BOOSTED* Lead Foot
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SecretAgent said:
jeebus, you guys got ur head's stuck up CN's ass. you people are so easily impressed. for some real turbo honda's check out www.auto-logic.biz
You know, I'm not looking for "real turbo hondas"....I'm looking to turbo my RSX...if I wanted to turbo a honda, I'd probably do what everyone else has already done...take a light mid-late 90's hatch, drop a B18C5 (type R) motor that's built and blah blah blah, throw 30 pounds of boost on it...screw that!
I'm looking to turbo MY RSX... I don't care if it's not the fastest car on the street! What I do care about is the support that I get from Cybernation, and the scalability. Those two points were what I was looking for and those two points mattered the most to me. This time next year, I'm looking to go with stage 2...not peicing a part from this company or than company...

·
*BOOSTED* Lead Foot
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Most-Wanted said:
Sounds more like an instruction problem on a poor kit.
Try NO instructions with any other kit...I'd rather have instructions on a "poor" kit than no instructions at all.
and the quality of the stuff I got was just as good, if not better than any kit made by anyone, including SFP, Greddy, HKS, etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We installed a CN stage I kit on my fiance's EP. We used a small tap to cut threads in the plastic then screwed in the bolt. As stated above Lee is a genuis with these cars. We have had some small problems mostly with the Apex-I (changing to flap instead of pressure setting). Stranded on a sunday night we called Lee who got us running in a matter of mins. Cybernations customer support is unbelivable. Their kit is well sorted, well built, and easy to install. Any questions we had were answered by faxed diagrams, or over the phone. When choosing a turbo kit for your RSX just ask-Will the owner of the company give you his personal cell number, and help you get running on a sunday night because of a stupid mistake you made adjusting your Apex-i.
Just ask

1 - 18 of 18 Posts