Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Apex Predator
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I've finally hit something... I smacked a freakin' median in a dark parking lot with my left front, someplace below 30mph. No visible damage other than a scrape on the rim. However, now I've got a wobble in the alignment. Pulls rather hard to left now... So, how bad do you think it will be guys? I'm going to take it in first thing in the morning. I am just mortified...

I feel like such an idiot, what a dumbass mistake... :( I just hope I didn't bend the axle...

·
Apex Predator
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry if that's just a stupid question to ask over the net, heh. I just don't know what to expect for, cv, rim, tie rod, etc. Not sure what gets hurt in that kind of hit.

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
Hey it was a dark parking lot, everyone makes mistakes. Is it under warranty? maybe the dealership can check it out for you to make sure nothing's messed up, which I doubt anything is..

·
Apex Predator
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As in after the accident, when I drive it I can feel a wobble in the steering. The steering wheel vibrates, and if I let it go it pulls to the left. (The side I hit the curb on)

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
Hmmm... well it sounds like something definately happened.. but if the only visible damage is a scrape on the rim... I can't give you a definate answer, whatever it is, it probably isn't that bad, and in turn, not that expensive. The dealership might even do it for free under warranty.

·
Big Pimpin
15,710 Posts
it's a bent rim. if your steering wheel is wobbling, that's a sign of a bent rim. go to a tire shop and ask for a balance and to check for bent rims. I just recently found out I have THREE bent rims (I have no clue how, I never smacked a curb). A friend of mine recently hit a curb going 20mph or less on his stock corolla, making a left, and bent his rim.

Good luck man, it sucks. =\

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
it's a bent rim. if your steering wheel is wobbling, that's a sign of a bent rim. go to a tire shop and ask for a balance and to check for bent rims. I just recently found out I have THREE bent rims (I have no clue how, I never smacked a curb). A friend of mine recently hit a curb going 20mph or less on his stock corolla, making a left, and bent his rim.

If that's the case, good thing nothing else is messed up.

·
Apex Predator
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Thanks dude, this would be my first. I can't even sleep, lol. Acura at 7am...

·
oh snap!
2,960 Posts
i hope thats all it is, GL !!

as long as the wheel is straight inside the car, i think your fine
i had a bent tie rod on an old car, but the wheel was jacked way to the left

1 - 20 of 44 Posts