Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

I feel so stupid...

Tags
feel stupid
2K views 43 replies 20 participants last post by  Kayura 
#1 · (Edited)
So, I've finally hit something... I smacked a freakin' median in a dark parking lot with my left front, someplace below 30mph. No visible damage other than a scrape on the rim. However, now I've got a wobble in the alignment. Pulls rather hard to left now... So, how bad do you think it will be guys? I'm going to take it in first thing in the morning. I am just mortified...

I feel like such an idiot, what a dumbass mistake... :( I just hope I didn't bend the axle...

#7 ·
Hmmm... well it sounds like something definately happened.. but if the only visible damage is a scrape on the rim... I can't give you a definate answer, whatever it is, it probably isn't that bad, and in turn, not that expensive. The dealership might even do it for free under warranty.

#12 ·
it's a bent rim. if your steering wheel is wobbling, that's a sign of a bent rim. go to a tire shop and ask for a balance and to check for bent rims. I just recently found out I have THREE bent rims (I have no clue how, I never smacked a curb). A friend of mine recently hit a curb going 20mph or less on his stock corolla, making a left, and bent his rim.

Good luck man, it sucks. =\

#33 ·
hopefully you just need to balance your rim and maybe an alignment, but worse case senario, it could be the control arm, or knuckle or even the strut assebly, speaking from experience:(

#23 ·
warranty doesn't mean shit in this situation, you caused the damage yourself. Expect to pay out of pocket. That said, it's most likely just a bent rim, but like ren said, lower control arm is a definite possibility, i know because i spun out and smashed a curb in my first car, and besides bending the rim, the LCA took the brunt of the force

#25 ·
It sucks but it was a mistake.

The rim damage sucks but judging from the depth of that scratch, I don't think you fucked anything up besides the rim.

#28 ·
You absolutely have blown your alignment, so you need to go to the dealer and have that done first. They can then diagnose the wheel, lower control arm, etc.

BTW, you can probably claim this on your insurance depending on your deductible and how much it costs to repair. At least that will help a little.

#29 ·
UPDATE: Had it into Acura. I must have hit it just right, $1800 in damage. Lower control arm, strut, rim, and wheel bearing. He said it probably did that much damage because at the last second I had turned the wheel almost all the way to the right and locked up the brakes... I am absolutely sick with grief on this one, can not believe what I've done to my baby... :( Sick thing is $550 for the Type-S rim, overnight from Japan. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: The A-spec rims are $220! Crazy. Well, called insurance in so it won't cost me nearly that much.

(This is also the first time I've hit something in my life at 24. Guess it was bound to happen... Still feel horrible)

Thanks for all the replies.

rensoyka: thanks for the post man. I am shifting SO much better these days thanks to your advice! :thumbsup:
-Kay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.