Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
26,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I still don't believe JDMs fog up, I just refuse to believe it. So i blame it on installation. When i wash my car, it doesn't fog up, it only fog up when its cold outside. So i think the problem is not water getting in, but moisture already trap inside the light that can't find its way to out. (maybe its cold when the body shop installed it, so more moisture was in the air)

Today, i took the lights off, and blow dry it with a dryer for 15 minutes each housing. I took both rubber off so hot air can go in one hole and come out the other. I am VERY sure the inside is hot and dry. I put my hand on the front glass and it felt very warm. Put the rubber back on quickly before the heat comes out.

After i put everything back together, for 10 minutes the lights were still warm inside because heat couldn't find its way out. Which is good. I made sure everything is plug back in properly.

I went drinking afterward, drove 1 hour on the freeway to meet up with my friend. It's raining tonight. When i arrived, no fog up. I parked my car, drank, came back out after an hour, no fog up. Still raining. Drove home, looked at it again, no fog up.

Its a cold night. Raining. No fog.

I fixed it. :)

(It used to fog up every night, rain or not)

·
one.4our.3hree
9,128 Posts
damn no body knew about this???

lol..

lights fog up because humid air or moisture is traped inside, so when really cold it fogs..

all u gotta do is let the humid air out and dry air in, which is hard to do when its in the middle of the winter..

·
m0o0o0o000?
7,357 Posts
i have JDM too.. they fog up

however i fixed em by heating up the OUTSIDE of the housing,, blowing on the clear part. and spraying the holes with compressed air. once i thought there was enough in there, i put one of my bulbs back in.. and blew some more air inside... then stuck the other bubl back in. i know its probably overkill but i stuck the rubber thing on there, and shoved the cain of air between the bulb and the rubber, and let smoe more air go.. and blow out the other hole. then i just closed it all up...

no more fogging!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts