Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the title states. I was vacuming my car and the sun shined through the holes and shined through the carpet, thus how I found it. I believe the previous owner might have drilled these holes in here.. For what purpose, I don't know, it may have been some wiring that was ran through?? Any ways, I'm thinking of taking it to a welding shop and get those holes weld shut. I put some tape over it and place the carpet back in place. What do you guys think I should do?? Is it alright for the mean time, I don't think any stress is put towards that paticular area.

Cliff notes

1. Found holes
2. Thinking of getting it welded shut
3. Any alternatives??

Pictures of holes.

·
My Brain is broken
656 Posts
haha wtf your first thought was to just hack up the carpet?!!!?!?!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't cut a hole, just cut an incision and fold the carpet in to show you guys the hole. The carpet is actually back to its place, you can't even tell I cut into it, kind of.

·
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓&
13,945 Posts
And who gives a fuck if he cut his carpet. Its his car and its not a big deal unless his carpet was gold dipped

·
spicy
10,841 Posts
And who gives a fuck if he cut his carpet. Its his car and its not a big deal unless his carpet was gold dipped
Ok bro, cutting into carpet is a big deal, because it's a bitch to replace. but if he doesn't mind.. then who cares. takes about 5 minutes more to just jack up the car and look from the bottom. I wouldnt take a blade to my carpet that's for sure.

to the thread starter, i would just fill it with some kind of silicone. the welding from the back side would probably put a nice big melted hole through your carpet.

·
I don't know you
16,615 Posts
do those tiny little holes go thru the entire chassis? doesnt look like it. just leave it, whats the big deal. though i am curious how the hell that happened. and how the hell did you know the holes were there.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
do those tiny little holes go thru the entire chassis? doesnt look like it. just leave it, whats the big deal. though i am curious how the hell that happened. and how the hell did you know the holes were there.
I was vacuming and I noticed orange/yellowish dots going through the carpet, the sun was setting down and it shined under the car and thus shinning through the holes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
jb weld it and call it a day.

Good call! Keep the carpet out of the way, mix up some JB Weld and daub it in there really good until it is all filled in, then let it dry (probably a few hours to cure). After that it will be as solid as a weld.
Then fix carpet!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts