Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· I am a non smoker
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok read my entire story and tell me if the acura warranty guys are trying to fuck me over.!!

- as of today, friday 25th, it will be 2 weeks on the dot from the day i went to acura to let them look at my cracked leather to see if it is replaceable under warranty. they said yea it is going to be under warranty so they ordered my parts and i left to go home. Well today marks the 2 weeks mark of them ordering my shit, well today i decided to call them to see what the hell is up. They said yea ur parts are in but they are in cloth not leather. I was like omg they are sooo fucking stupid. What dumbass can wear out cloth seats to bring to the dealer to get fixed under warranty?? Automatically i was pissed and so was my dad. My dad got on the phone and said whats going on, my son has leather not cloth. Then i think this is where the BS comes to play. they put my dad on hold for a few minutes and come back on the phone and asked my dad. Where did u buy this car. My dad said from a dealership in DFW. But he didnt state a acura dealer, because it wasnt. Then acura says well from ur VIN# from ur car, it seems like the last owners did a complete leather swap from cloth. At this point i was :firemad: up while my dad was on the phone talking to acura. They said that the car was ORIGINALLY bought from a dealership a few cities away. So the acura rep that my dad was talking to is going to call that dealership to see if my car was really built with cloth interior. I have a feeling that both acura dealerships are gonna make a deal to not fix my leather. so now im waiting for their phone call. its been almost and hour but no call yet. END OF STORY.!
- now do u guys think this is BS? are they trying to fuck me over? i dont get why a person would do a complete leather swap.? that shit aint cheap!! somebody help me out on this situation. im really pissed right now, i feel like im getting fucked over baad. :thumbsdow

· Registered
931 Posts
did you purchase your car brand new?

· Registered
79 Posts
My leather is starting to crack but I didn't think that they would cover that it is good to know that they do. The best thing might be to go down to the dealership and talk to them in person if they still jerk you around ask for the manager and talk to him on the sales floor because he will try and keep you clam with the other customers there that are buying cars. If you make a seen the customers know that they would not want to do business with that dealership. So they should try and make sure that you are happy they don't wanta lose other sales because you are pissed. Good Luck

· I am a non smoker
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
alright good news, acura just called me back and sayed that they confirmed from the original dealer that the car was bought from factory to sale that it came with leather. so they are gonna over night my parts and my car is going in tuesday. i glad but still pissed that they would say that my car came with no leather when they were maybe 15% sure. fucking assholes....but with a good turn out! thanks dudes

· Registered
209 Posts
dude you better make sure you have a k20a2 not a k20a3....lol. that sucks, i hate when the big corporations dry to dick over the little guy.Dont let "the man" bring you down!!!!

· Broke Modifier
181 Posts
whats teh diff from a K20a2 and a3?

· Registered
79 Posts
Good shit now I'm gonna go try and get my leather replaced. Any way you could post up some pics so we can see how bad the cracking was?

· I am a non smoker
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol i have a k20a3 guys, i kno i have a base. Now if i had a type-s and they said the same shit, i would tell them their dumb and cant fuck me over-no joke i would tell them on the phone. I have 17k miles and the cracking is pretty bad on the top bolister where ur elbow would be. They are also changing out the bottom bolister where ur left thigh would be. If i had a digi i would take pics. but picture having black leather with section that is almost completly white from the cracking..lol BTW i condition my seats too. and im not fat! lol

· Registered
82 Posts
DallasRSX said:
lol i have a k20a3 guys, i kno i have a base. Now if i had a type-s and they said the same shit, i would tell them their dumb and cant fuck me over-no joke i would tell them on the phone. I have 17k miles and the cracking is pretty bad on the top bolister where ur elbow would be. They are also changing out the bottom bolister where ur left thigh would be. If i had a digi i would take pics. but picture having black leather with section that is almost completly white from the cracking..lol BTW i condition my seats too. and im not fat! lol
Sounds like the same thing happening to my leather. I need so see pix of someone elses leather before it was warrantied so I can see if I can get mine done. They fixed the broken seat track but put the seat together incorrectly so I have to take it back. Again.

· I am a non smoker
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok if u see white, ur should get it fixed, but if their are creases (sp) in the leather they prob wont, because i have some on my passenger side and they said that, thats how leather is. and its always gonna have crease marks. but if u see white and if it flacking, u will definetly get it fixed. Mine is flacking a tiny bit but they is tons of white cracking.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.