Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend has an hid kit from his 01 maxima that he can hook me up wit... his car got wrecked but the ins co. paid for new everything so his old ones still work...is there n e way for me to hook it up for our car... n e help would be appreciated....thanx in advance!!! :thumbsup:

·
...gOt boOst
1,645 Posts
need to dremal the socket of the housing bigger for the bulbs to fit,and also the base of the bulbs.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
more info please!!!
thanx RSX4U2NV

·
...gOt boOst
1,645 Posts
Okay....first u would need to make the hole in the housing bigger for the D2R bulbs to fit. Also u would need to modify the bulb base too. I'll post a pic of the bulb that I did up and u can follow there on....

·
...gOt boOst
1,645 Posts

You need to cut the base of the bulb to that same shape for it to fit.Btw use a dremal, it helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RSX4U2NV said:
Okay....first u would need to make the hole in the housing bigger for the D2R bulbs to fit. Also u would need to modify the bulb base too. I'll post a pic of the bulb that I did up and u can follow there on....
so i take it u've done this b4...what about the ballasts...is the connection going to be the same or will i have to modify those also...do u have a step by step instruction by n e chance?

·
...gOt boOst
1,645 Posts
No if u look at the bulb , its like a hat shape, just trim both of the top edges off. No need to do anything to the ballast. Btw no step by step. 1) make the hole on the headlight bigger and 2) trime both of the sides of the bulbs.

·
yawn..
22,903 Posts
sounds like a hell of alot of work

rsx2k2, you need to visit the local forum and meet up. Your show car is crazy

·
...gOt boOst
1,645 Posts
Sure, we all should meet up one day. BTw its not that hard. A dremal is all u need!

·
Long Member
5,429 Posts
Sounds like more work than it's worth....

·
...gOt boOst
1,645 Posts
Next time when I take out my headlights again. I'll take some pics of it to show u that its worth it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts