Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
fob, DDS
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on msn.com and there was an article on 'safe driving at night'.
The article is written by volvo and it lists things on how to drive safe
at night.
This is one of the things they listed:

"Improve the lighting. While all new vehicles come equipped with ultra-bright halogen lights, many older vehicles may not have these brighter lamps. Replace the traditional lights with halogen or the newer, blue HID (High Intensity Discharge) bulbs to improve visibility. You might also add a set of fog/driving lights for better low beam visibility during inclement weather."

Even though this isn't written by MVA or DMV, whatever, it still sounds good.
I want to kiss the writer.
Just wanted to share with all of you with HIDs :)

·
DNA all over bish!
10,639 Posts
I think the author meant imitation hid-like bulbs; the ricey variety. If he was more specific I think he would've mentioned Philip bluevision ultras or Sylvania silverstars. Aftermarket HIDs are still illegal. Only OEM HIDs are considered legal.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
wtf, i'd rather retrofit, and have projectors, and be legal.

by retrofit, i mean put the projector in your housing, in place of the reflector, not do a headlight swap.

·
Registered
126 Posts
02 DsrtSilverBase said:
wtf, i'd rather retrofit, and have projectors, and be legal.

by retrofit, i mean put the projector in your housing, in place of the reflector, not do a headlight swap.
i agree w/ dsrtsilver =) bmw projectors + angle eyes + black housing in my head lamps = drool :love:

·
DNA all over bish!
10,639 Posts
A perfect example of retrofitting would be like this. :D My headlamps were retrofitted with non-bixenon european code Audi A6 projectors.

·
DNA all over bish!
10,639 Posts
Pretty costly, about maybe $600 total to outfit my lamps with strict european standards in HID performance. The Audi A6 projectors are manufactured by Hella.

·
fob, DDS
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
damn if I could get audi HID fit in my car......
but I love my bellof :)

·
DNA all over bish!
10,639 Posts
Pretty much any oem sized projector will fit because the low beam sections of our headlamps are so damn big :thumbsup:

·
Elite
7,105 Posts
HIDs on high beams?

i have fog lights that i had to adjust just so i could see where the beam fell. yes i made sure they are below the area where the low beams fall.

for my low beams i have HIDs. now my question is - is it illegal to have HIDs installed as your high beams? that way you can use them as DRL?

·
Registered
24,670 Posts
do not revive old threads.

it is illegal to install HID kits period. by HID kits meaning HID bulbs fitted into housings that are not HID approved by the DOT.

·
Registered
8,722 Posts
i wouldn't use an HID kit for the high beams b/c of the constant on/off flickering, but i'm sure it's illegal as well.

·
Elite
7,105 Posts
why?

krystar said:
do not revive old threads.

it is illegal to install HID kits period. by HID kits meaning HID bulbs fitted into housings that are not HID approved by the DOT.

whats wrong with reviving old threads?

and why is it illegal to fit HID bulbs in HID housings? what difference does it make? this makes no sense whatsoever.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts