Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
i/crap header/e hondata, and maybe more.

·
Representin' DC5AB.COM
433 Posts
Do a pulley kit, hondata and rims, brakes and suspension if you haven't done that already.

BTW...did you order the header through the DC5AB buy? If so I don't see your name on the order list and James and I are the ones doing the buy.

If you didn't go with the buy, who did you get it from and what did it cost?

·
Registered
260 Posts
i'd go with a good suspension set-up.. not much more you can do except for building up your internals

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
FORGET PULLIES. Pullies just break at higher revs and don't add any horsepower. And I don't like motormounts, they just make the cabin shake a whole lot. Buy some springs/suspension if you want to get rid of wheel hop.

What you need to get now are the following:
better tires
better brake pads and rotors
a lighter clutch and flywheel
a Type S 6speed transmission, or a Type R transmission (if you don't care about gas mileage)
front and rear sway bars
suspension

That's what you should do next.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
if you wanna stay performance i agree with tires,... as for pulleys what till UR releases there set for our cars....

D

·
Korican
874 Posts
Like some of the guys have posted- Suspension, wheels, & brakes. Nothing better setting off the ride than no gap, nice shoes, and great looking and performing brakes/ rotors.

·
Registered
539 Posts
beatred said:
I got an intake, comptech race header, tanabe hyper medallian catback and hondata w/ hondata gasket. What should I do now? btw, i've got a 5 speed. any suggestions? maybe motor mounts?
Paul, the comptech race header comes with ES Motor Mounts to prevent the header from clanking against your front sway bar!

MiKE

·
RSX BOY
807 Posts
suggestion

beatred said:
I got an intake, comptech race header, tanabe hyper medallian catback and hondata w/ hondata gasket. What should I do now? btw, i've got a 5 speed. any suggestions? maybe motor mounts?
type r intake manifold, might as well do it now because you'll need it eventualy if your going to upgrade your valvetrain...

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
beatred said:
1BADSUP: I'm not sure how it is.. i just ordered my race header today... cant wait for it to come in! hopefully it doesnt rub anywhere..

What does Kluctch RSX have done to his car.. I tried searching for what he has but couldnt find it.. maybe that will give me some ideas.
Let us know if you run lean with the Race Header/Hondata combo. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
260 Posts
beatred said:
or maybe even a dyno.. :D

·
Registered
741 Posts
beatred, you should dyno or run to let us base owners how everything worked out for you. I have just gotten my race header installed (cai install tomorrow-sunday) and planning on getting hondata and maybe hondata img. It would be nice to see a dyno or a run to give us some insight. Oh and forget the pullies (unless unorthodox comes out with some for the base), supposedly it won't add much any how.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts