Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
will be K20/24 in 07
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well coming its summer time, it calls for lovebug season... and god damn they suck,, why are they even on earth, all they do is like to run into the front of my car and mess my shiet up.. Ill wash my car and see chips all in the front, I ll be driving at night and I guess they like our bright headlights or something because I can see dragonflys hitting my car and hear them smashing into the front..today i go wash my car and see 2 dragonflys stuck in the front grill,, now theres minor chips.. I know I cant fix it unless I get it done professionally, but Im hoping claybar will help it out a little bit. My car is only 5 months old and Im already starting to have some trouble, plus Its NHB so its a pain to keep it in tip-top condition. Bugs suck they have no intention in life except piss you off and kill you. Ex- Mosquito, Fleas :firemad:

·
Registered
180 Posts
ug..ya lovebugz are definitely 4 teh suxk

i live in florida and rumor has it that things things will eat through paint

·
RSXDriver thrice removed
2,813 Posts
Well you don't want any sort of bug or bird crap sitting on your paint for too long.

Those lovebugs were really weird though. Every once in awhile you'd find a live one on the front of the car whose mate bore the impact.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
sawwbuzz said:

I heard the same thing when I lived there. Had a black Tiburon at the time, and sure enough, there were several spots on the hood and front lip that had dark brown spots (as opposed to the pretty black) where the lovebugs (spawn of Satan) had been for too long.

It ain't no joke. Don't let those things stay on more than a day.

Call me anal, but I give my mirrors, hood, and front lip a once over everytime I get outta the car, especially after driving on fast roads. I keep tar and bug remover (the kind that won't remove wax) handy to take care of it every day (sometimes twice). :thumbsup:

·
will be K20/24 in 07
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sawwbuzz said:

OOOHH! they will :thumbsup: , take it from me that has a expierence with this, They WILL eat your paint.. The ones that REALLY suck are dragonflies, They'll fly right into your front and auctually CHIP that ish.... Think about it, your going 60 and BAM!! and bug just hits your car, its gonna mess something up.. Plus today I just found a chip near my washer nozzle, prob from a pebble hitting it. Its ok though :rolleyes: as Im going to replace it with a CF hood sooner or later...

·
Registered
184 Posts
how about cicada? cincinnati is having a invadion by 6 billion cicadas~~
was driving on Highway today for few mins...more than 5 cicadas hit my front~ it's so nasty

·
Registered
996 Posts
I wash my car for 2 hours, drive for 30 minutes and I can't even see out of my windshield. I was all excited for summer because there isn't sand on the road and the bugs are worse.

·
I <3 Chipotle
958 Posts
hey at least u dont live in maryland right now. cicadas are EVERYWHERE and they are so damn stupid cuz there nearly blind. so basically it looks like you have hundreds of yellow/green bird poop stains all over ur car and not to mention all the cicadas stuck in ur radiator and the ones that fly into ur car if u have the window open.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.