Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not well-versed in the ways of the RSX yet. I did some research but had a hard time figuring out what exactly to ask the Google and the forum search tool. I'm trying to figure out my seats. I have a 2002 Type S with leather(?) seats. What I'm trying to figure out is why the leather is solid. It was recently pointed out to me that all the other seats are perforated. I have an SRS light on which seems to be an issue for some people who have replaced their seats so I'm leaning toward someone swapped them out at some point. But I want to know with what, if any experts have an idea?

·
Registered
25 Posts
they look similar to OEM type s seats. the side bolsters seem a little bigger though. maybe a previous owner had them reupholstered and didn't reconnect the plugs under seat properly. just a guess from what I see.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
The RSX seats are notorious for ripping. So I'd guess someone had them reupholstered at a local shop or something.

Unfortunately, the RSX is also notorious for throwing random SRS light codes as well so it may or may not be related.

Like the previous post said, you can check and make sure the air bag in the seat got plugged back in. Once you verify its plugged in then you can look up the SRS reset DIY and see if it comes back.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they look similar to OEM type s seats. the side bolsters seem a little bigger though. maybe a previous owner had them reupholstered and didn't reconnect the plugs under seat properly. just a guess from what I see.
That makes sense. Thanks.:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The RSX seats are notorious for ripping. So I'd guess someone had them reupholstered at a local shop or something.

Unfortunately, the RSX is also notorious for throwing random SRS light codes as well so it may or may not be related.

Like the previous post said, you can check and make sure the air bag in the seat got plugged back in. Once you verify its plugged in then you can look up the SRS reset DIY and see if it comes back.
Thanks! I was thinking I would just take the light off when I redo the lights in the cluster. :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess not the cluster itself but I was going to change the colors of the lights in the dash.

·
WILDCARD!
1,190 Posts
I guess not the cluster itself but I was going to change the colors of the lights in the dash.
If you're talking about the climate control lights, they're not too bad to do. If you want the gauge cluster lights changed, they're a bitch to do. They're not bulbs like they are in older Hondas. They're all LEDs soldered directly to the board, so you'd need to know how to desolder and resolder new ones.

There's a DIY on here about it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you're talking about the climate control lights, they're not too bad to do. If you want the gauge cluster lights changed, they're a bitch to do. They're not bulbs like they are in older Hondas. They're all LEDs soldered directly to the board, so you'd need to know how to desolder and resolder new ones.

There's a DIY on here about it.
I read through the DIY. That's why it's not done yet ?Gotta wait till I'm super confident.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts