Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
GO BLUE!!!
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My warranty is about to expire. I am debating whether it might be worth paying for another 4 years of warranty. I wonder what might go bad. Under warranty I had my shocks replaced, I had my tranny fixed, and got new calipers.... I am starting to wonder if stuff will go wrong within the next 4 years...

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
I vote YES. If you plan on keeping the car they yes. How much is it? I got my car certified used and the warranty costs have already been covered in lil things that have gone wrong...

·
Registered
95,893 Posts
I vote NO! I have a local friend, non CRSX'er, that paid the dealer for an extended warranty, and then when he had motor problems they stuck it to him, and said sorry no warranty. He ended up getting his insurance to cover it after the dealership hooked it up by scraping up the bottom of his car and claiming that the customer went off road and that's how the oil pan broke open.

I KID YOU NOT!

Forget the extended warranty, it's just the dealerships way of keeping you from modding.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Forget the extended warranty, it's just the dealerships way of keeping you from modding.

Yeah, I forgot about that too... modding is pretty much a no no unless you KNOW your dealership won't freak. I personally like my dealership and I think they've been pretty fair about warranty work (except the sunroof rust shit... grrr).

so I suppose it depends on your dealership... do they have a lube despenser in the restroom? if so, don't get it cause that means they like to assbang people.

If they're nice and do good work, go for it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I dont believe in buying extended warranty...you are essentially betting on the fact that your car will break down. If you feel so strongly about your car breaking down...then why not spend the money you would have spent on the warranty and buy another car you feel won't break down.

Sure you can argue that all cars will break down eventually, but thats why extended warranties only cover the first 10 years or 100k miles.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
I dont believe in buying extended warranty...you are essentially betting on the fact that your car will break down. If you feel so strongly about your car breaking down...then why not spend the money you would have spent on the warranty and buy another car you feel won't break down.

Sure you can argue that all cars will break down eventually, but thats why extended warranties only cover the first 10 years or 100k miles.
I would guess it's cheaper to buy an extended warranty than a car that won't break down.

I think my certified warranty was valued at like 700 er so bux... I doubt that'll get you a car that you feel won't break down.

or you could add that to the resale value of your RSX... still wouldnt buy you a more reliable car. It would actually be a gamble on getting a reliable used car or not...

·
Desu just kicked in desu!
122 Posts
If you're going to mod it to any degree, then don't bother with the extended warranty because they'll use that as a loophole to not pay for anything.

I got the warranty when I bought mine, but never needed it.

·
Registered
408 Posts
how much is the extension anyways? i would say why not if the price is decent.
but if your going to mod your car, i would be careful. like if you install something and another part breaks, they might try to blame it on that. even if its not a direct cause for the failure. eg. short shifter caused syncronizer rings in tranny to fail.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts