Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so I have a base 03 rsx, I plan on doing some modifications but nothing fancy.

I plan on buying a header and type-s muffler (if there is a difference from the base, please let me know) and air intake. Also some suspension stuff but nothing extreme.

So, my question is, if I get a header and type-s muffler, would the stock exhaust be okay with this assembly? Can I go bigger on the exhaust pipes or not really? Does it matter what kind of header I get? (If so, its gonna be a cheap one, not a racing header).

I currently have a fart can muffler and its annoying, I wanted a nice and quiet (non-fart can) exhaust for my car but I kinda don't wanna spend a ton of money on it. People have suggested the invidia q300 and some others, but like I said, pricing too high for just a base model.

Any input on this stuff would be great.

·
9,306 Posts

·
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,183 Posts
The length of the header and cat of a Type S is different from a base, so either get all Type S (header+cat/downpipe, and catback exhaust) or all base. Type S has more options.

If you are just gonna do shorty header and just axleback muffler, well then you can just use base parts

·
:lurk:
1,612 Posts
I second the stock Type-S setup. Try to get a complete exhaust (header/cat/cat-back) from a 05-06 Type-S. It flows a little better than 02-04. Or should be able to find a used Type-S cat-back for cheap.

·
Registered
152 Posts
okay so I have a base 03 rsx, I plan on doing some modifications but nothing fancy.

I plan on buying a header and type-s muffler (if there is a difference from the base, please let me know) and air intake. Also some suspension stuff but nothing extreme.

So, my question is, if I get a header and type-s muffler, would the stock exhaust be okay with this assembly? Can I go bigger on the exhaust pipes or not really? Does it matter what kind of header I get? (If so, its gonna be a cheap one, not a racing header).

I currently have a fart can muffler and its annoying, I wanted a nice and quiet (non-fart can) exhaust for my car but I kinda don't wanna spend a ton of money on it. People have suggested the invidia q300 and some others, but like I said, pricing too high for just a base model.

Any input on this stuff would be great.

Your prospective build is similar to mine from back in the day. Haha. I ran an AEM CAI mated to DC 421 Ceramic Header mated to a highflow cat and type s muffler. The shop where I did the mod replaced the stock piping with something larger to increase flow. It was a sleeper setup. Lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts