Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
down south georgia boy
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started a couple of weeks ago as the associate editor of Car Tech over at CNET.com. So basically I get to test drive cars and car audio systems and write reviews about them. Look what I've been driving this week:

Mercedes C63 AMG

and last week:

Maserati GranTurismo

Jaguar XF Premium Luxury

All days aren't that great though. For example, I spend most days doing audio installs and tests in this:

2008 Chevrolet Aveo - the cheapest car in America!

All in all, this is the best job I've ever had.

Attachments

·
Low Flying Whore Ron
1,001,869 Posts
Awesome:thumbsup:

I remember when CNet used to be just Computer Info on their TV Station.:)

·
Neg
925,854 Posts
niiiiiiice! :thumbsup:

I need a ride to the store....come pick me up mang

·
Ex-Mod
25,997 Posts
The MB C63 is a fuckin beautiful work of German engineering.

·
down south georgia boy
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The MB C63 is a fuckin beautiful work of German engineering.
Hell yeah it is. It sounds mean and there's what feels like limitless power. I guess a hand built engine will get you that. It almost sucks to have to get back into a regular car at the end of the day.

Anyway the press fleet company picked the cars up this week, so now we've got an M6, a Mazda CX-9 and an Acura RDX (or MDX, I haven't been down in the garage today.)

·
down south georgia boy
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here's what we're in this week!

2008 BMW M6

·
Ex-Mod
25,997 Posts
Hell yeah it is. It sounds mean and there's what feels like limitless power. I guess a hand built engine will get you that. It almost sucks to have to get back into a regular car at the end of the day.

Anyway the press fleet company picked the cars up this week, so now we've got an M6, a Mazda CX-9 and an Acura RDX (or MDX, I haven't been down in the garage today.)
I service a big MB dealer, and they had a C63 in their shop, that V12 bi turbo makes the car roar. I couldn't get over the body style and the brakes.

·
down south georgia boy
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I service a big MB dealer, and they had a C63 in their shop, that V12 bi turbo makes the car roar. I couldn't get over the body style and the brakes.
The C63 has a NA 6.2L V8. I think you're talking about the S65, CL65 or SL65. Those are the ones with the 6.5L biturbo V12.

·
Banned
6,586 Posts
So what do you actually do you test drive them than give a review:confused: Damn i wish i could drive cars like that period let alone get paid for it.

·
down south georgia boy
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So what do you actually do you test drive them than give a review:confused: Damn i wish i could drive cars like that period let alone get paid for it.
Basically, we test them out. Do a podcast, then either my senior editor or I will write a review. My primary responsibility is to review car stereos and electronics., though that's no nearly as exciting since it requires spending lots of time in and around the yellow Aveo above.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.