Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay So i was driving down a road in a massive storm..... I start thinking to my self man I hope I dont hydro lock. I dont know how big the puddle was but water was sprayiin big time out from my tires.. and all of a sudden "25mph" maybe" my car shuts down... I was freaking out. I try to start the car and I get a constant clicking noise... and it sounds like a bubbling sound.... try like 4 times. Nothing. I give it a few minutes... try again.. it starts to turn over.. and abunch of steam comes out of my exhaust.... it starts and I take a different way home. It didnt sound like it was running very right. I let the car sit out in the heat 100 degree plus weather.. i started it and it sounded fine.. I redlined fine... drives fine. seems like everything is running well. One problem. The check engine light is on. The emmisions one is what it says in the manual. It has been two weeks and its still not off. Any suggestions. I have a apt with acura on thursday but I feel like they will fuck my life because thats what they do best.

I went to auto zone and they did the comp check on my car. error code p1172.
Air Fuel error. any help or ideas would be appreciated. Or how to not get screwed by acura.
Thanks!
I am in bentonville Arkansas doing an internship with walmart, my stock intake and exhaust is in virginia. haha Please help!!

·
Big Pimpin
15,710 Posts
So you probably fried a plug. You realize hydrolock means your car no longer works, right? So if it starts, you didn't hydrolock. Check the plugs, reset the ECU, replace plug(s) if needed, change your oil, do a compression test, or just take it to a mechanic or the dealer to get it taken care of.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts