Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
New Old Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’m not exactly a new member, but it’s been a few years since my last post. Once upon a time, I owned a Black 2002 Type S. With only 6000ish miles on the odometer, it was ripped away from me by a woman who was late for work and didn’t want to wait for me to finish my u-turn.

Fast forward 20 years, and after many years of casual searching, I finally found a suitable replacement on carsandbids.com. Amazingly, for an 18 year old car, it only has 12,500 miles on it, has been garaged, allegedly maintained, and is nearly mint, with the exception of a few tiny rock chips. After performing some very needed maintenance (oil, engine air filter, cabin air filters, spark plugs), and getting new wheels and tires (existing tires were original, like from when it left the dealership lol), this thing is ready to rock. The OEM wheels had wheel locks on them, but the car didn’t come with the key, so I had to get creative with a socket, a mallet, and a breaker bar. The new wheels, 17x8 bronze Enkei TS-5, are such a massive improvement.

This is the listing on carsandbids: 2004 Acura RSX Type-S - ~12,300 Miles, 6-Speed Manual, 1 Owner Until 2022, Mostly Unmodified

I’ll post some of my own pictures after I give this thing a good bath. Is it safe to take this car through a car wash? I wonder about that rear wiper getting messed up…

I’m working on figuring out a plan for this car. Currently my goal is 300hp+ NA. It will take some time to figure out the build, and then to get all the pieces of the puzzle. It will probably eventually become a K24/K20 thing, but I’m going to see how far I can get with the stock K20A2 block first. This rabbit hole is far deeper than I expected, so, I definitely have a lot to learn, and will be active around here while I get all this sorted.

I ordered a KTuned exhaust setup today, which should be here within a week. Next on the list of things I know I want, is an Acuity shifter. Currently, I’m researching suspension mods and upgrades, but still don’t feel certain about what all to do/get. I only want to lower it about an inch maximum, but want to make sure I don’t totally, or even just kind of, f up my suspension geometry in the process.

Anyway, good to be back :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I’m not exactly a new member, but it’s been a few years since my last post. Once upon a time, I owned a Black 2002 Type S. With only 6000ish miles on the odometer, it was ripped away from me by a woman who was late for work and didn’t want to wait for my to finish my u-turn.

Fast forward 20 years, and after many years of casual searching, I finally found a suitable replacement on carsandbids.com. Amazingly, for an 18 year old car, it only has 12,500 miles on it, has been garaged, allegedly maintained, and is nearly mint, with the exception of a few tiny rock chips. After performing some very needed maintenance (oil, engine air filter, cabin air filters, spark plugs), and getting new wheels and tires (existing tires were original, like from when it left the dealership lol), this thing is ready to rock. The OEM wheels had wheel locks on them, but the car didn’t come with the key, so I had to get creative with a socket, a mallet, and a breaker bar. The new wheels, 17x8 bronze Enkei TS-5, are such a massive improvement.

This is the listing on carsandbids: 2004 Acura RSX Type-S - ~12,300 Miles, 6-Speed Manual, 1 Owner Until 2022, Mostly Unmodified

I’ll post some of my own pictures after I give this thing a good bath. Is it safe to take this car through a car wash? I wonder about that rear wiper getting messed up…

I’m working on figuring out a plan for this car. Currently my goal is 300hp+ NA. It will take some time to figure out the build, and then to get all the pieces of the puzzle. It will probably eventually become a K24/K20 thing, but I’m going to see how far I can get with the stock K20A2 block first. This rabbit hole is far deeper than I expected, so, I definitely have a lot to learn, and will be active around here while I get all this sorted.

I ordered a KTuned exhaust setup today, which should be here within a week. Next on the list of things I know I want, is an Acuity shifter. Currently, I’m researching suspension mods and upgrades, but still don’t feel certain about what all to do/get. I only want to lower it about an inch maximum, but want to make sure I don’t totally, or even just kind of, f up my suspension geometry in the process.

Anyway, good to be back :)
To be honest, the 02-04 type s looks a lot better stock with the aspec kit. Me personally, I’d keep it stock. Just me though.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
This thing is gorgeous. So much joy to be had in starting off with such a clean slate when modifying. I recently got back into an RSX as well, but I started with a terrible car lol, it's slowly getting restored to a respectable condition. Would be so much more fun to start with something so nice. I'm from Oregon, so you can count on that car being rust free since we don't salt our roads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts