Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought my car dis wednesday, and i was wondering when i should wash my car ! and which cleaning products do u guys recommend?? do i need to wash my car with dish cleaner?? also should i start using conditioner for my leather?? n e reply will be healpful for me! thanks! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
19 Posts
um. You should wash your car when it becomes dirty. ;) I wouldn't recommend using dish soap, you'd be better off going to an auto store and buying soap specifically made for car washing. As for conditioning leather, you could wait a couple weeks for that.

·
R.I.P. EVO IX SE
547 Posts
here's a few products that i like to use and i think is easy for beginners to use.

for carwash soap: meguiar's NXT car wash
for wax, since it's a new car you can use just NXT or turtle wax ultra gloss. both is good. if you want a deeper wetter shine that shows more color and vividness, go with NXT. if you want a lil more shine with a little less vividness. turtle wax ultra gloss works pretty well as far as excellent shine.

oh and to wash your car use a sheepskin washmitt.. and use a 100% cotton microfiber to dry.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I second Wheelconnector's post. I use Dawn dish detergent before I clay, about 3 times a year. It's great at getting grease and bug grime off and it's mild enough to not hurt the finish. For the Leather get the wipes, they will prevent you from overdoing it and take just a few minutes.

·
R.I.P. EVO IX SE
547 Posts
yeah and after you claybar the car, it's suggested you use some type of cleaner wax. i like color X, it cleans it from any leftover contaminants that you might have missed with a claybar as well as clean any possibility of oxidation. so after that top it off with a wax of some sort. NXT will do fine. if you want durability, top the NXT with #16 and you'll be good for 2 to 3 months of fine protection.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.