Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
<3's anime chicks
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i was driving on a local street doing about 25 and i didnt see a big fuckin pothole right in front of me(no cones, no sign nothing) i mean the shit was huge. So i hit the fuckin pothole heard a huge bang and said to myself fuckkk i broke something. I came out the car and there is fucking oil spewing everywhere underneath the car, so i know i broke my oilpan. WHat i wanna know is do you guys thing i couldve fucked my transmission up to. I didnt attempt to drive the shit i just shut it off and rolled it into a parkign spot..i hope no1 steals my car :(

How much do you guys think im lookin at for a new oil pan with labor included? and do you think i couldve fucked my tranny up?:noes:

this sucks i cant even sleep now, shit just happened like an hr ago:(

·
<3's anime chicks
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no way of knowing without jacking it up and finding out

chances are you just hit it in one spot. that being the oil pan.

it's so fucking easy to do an oil pan. just tow it to your house and do it yourself.
i hope its just the oil pan:eek:

·
HONDA PACT
1,867 Posts
if your gunna get a this done at the dealer, its gunna cost you an arm and a leg, a simple oil pan for a civic runs for over 500 with labor. just buy yourself a new oil pan a download a copy of the helms.

·
<3's anime chicks
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if your gunna get a this done at the dealer, its gunna cost you an arm and a leg, a simple oil pan for a civic runs for over 500 with labor. just buy yourself a new oil pan a download a copy of the helms.

i wasnt going to the stealership but yeah i might do it myself...anyone have a part number for the oilpan?..im searching but cant find it

·
Dont Push That Button....
2,440 Posts
Wouldnt the city, or county responsible for mantaining the road be liable for damages like that? TAKE PICTURES!!! MAKE THEM PAY! IT WAS UNMARKED!!

·
Zack Killa
4,535 Posts
wtf did u hit a crater?

·
<3's anime chicks
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i already called 311 and reported the hole, i gotta wait till tomorrow to file the claim.

I couldnt take pics cause i had no camera on me at the time, i will in the morning tho when i get it towed.

NYC FTL:thumbsdow

·
Former Mod-Still a God
209,105 Posts
hey man get out there asap and take a pic before they fill it sorry to hear that really sucks but deff do it yourself if the city wont take care of it

·
<3's anime chicks
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hey man get out there asap and take a pic before they fill it sorry to hear that really sucks but deff do it yourself if the city wont take care of it
yeah i'll do it myself, im not waitn for the fuckin city to do shit...sucks tho cause im fuckin broke now i gotta waste more money on this fuckin car...oh man i wanna sell now:mad:

·
Premium Member
37,202 Posts
the TSX oil pan will work its got a lower profile but also holds the same amount of oil if your car is low

1 - 20 of 33 Posts