You might have to pull the bulb to get it to stop. Once activated the car should start again. Did you set it, send it to the ECU and then car shut off? If so, that is how Hondata works. Anytime you upload something to the ECU the car will shut off it it is running. Did you turn it on and try and start the car again? It worked perfect with mine.
I got a response from Doug and he also questioned if I had the right ECU. I then went out and tried it again. It worked no more flashing green key.
What I can't understand is why it finally worked and had not in the past. I also had problems with altering my idle speed, and it took almost 20 tries to finally show a diff. idle speed.
Here is what I thought should work as there are not any directions on it:
1. Car is off, key is off, ECU is offline.
2. Make the changes you want to the program.
3. Turn the key to on, ECU is online. Upload the new changes. (This tends to take less than 1 second and does not change a thing from what I can tell)
Back to square one.
Here is what I think worked and is a little diff:
1. Car is on (running), ECU is online.
2. Make the changes you want to the program, or open the program you want to upload.
3. Upload the program while it's running. Engine shuts off and transfer rate is much slower to the ECU, possibly 10 seconds.
4. Restart the car and hope you have the changes you made stored into the ECU.
My concern is there is no download from the ECU function that would allow you to see exactly what the ECU has currently. This makes changes sort of blind, unless they are noticable, like an idle or vtec change. If someone knows more about verifying what the ECU has and what has been uploaded, please help. And correct me if my procedure for uploading is off, I still am not sure that what I did is the best way or if it works all of the time.