Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
rjsdxm said:
Hey guys im going to run my car friday for the first time with the greddy turbo any tips on how to launch or anything i really appreciate it
Take things step by step learning to drag your car..If you want to practice launching, concentrate on that.. Another area to think about would be your shift points and making sure you are shifting as quickly as possible, shifting is where a lot of time on a boosted car is lost if you aren't shifting fast enough to stay in/near in boost after each shift.. Concentrating on one thing at a time and building them all up together is the best advice; if not you'll frustrate the crap out of yourself trying to improve your et..

The best advice is to pay attention to how your car reacts to different launches.. Depending on your suspension/tire setup, your launch method will differ..

·
Nice!
3,524 Posts
rjsdxm said:
Hey guys im going to run my car friday for the first time with the greddy turbo any tips on how to launch or anything i really appreciate it
what do you have for suspension/tires and what r u racing???

·
Nice!
3,524 Posts
rjsdxm said:
im running the tein ss suspension with falken azenis tires i have a type s with greddy kit and i still have stock clutch and fly wheel and still not test pipe yet
Slip the clutch pretty hard between 3500 and 4k... use the throttle to control the wheelspin. Use anywhere between 50-75% throttle. Make sure you lower ur tire pressure. You're gonna get some nasty wheel hop in 1st. When you start to wheel hop, shift, u should hook up in second pretty well at the track.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.