Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so ive just order orange, white, and blue pads from autogeeks. Im trying to remove the swirl marks but meguirs swirl remover #7 i believe just doesnt remove the swirls. so what product is effective at removing swirls??

·
Registered
807 Posts
#7 is a glaze, not a swirl remover. It just fills many of the swirls and makes your car shine :)

SIP (acronym for the above suggestion), Optimum Hyper Compound, Poorboys SSR 2.5

All are good for cutting into swirl marks and scratches.

·
Banned
3,217 Posts
For SIP, can I use my hands or would I require a orbital?

·
Professional Detailer
5,103 Posts
you can, just need a machine for better results.

·
Banned
3,217 Posts
I would love to use the machine, although I've heard horror stories if you use them all wrong.

·
Need Help ?
1,891 Posts
I would love to use the machine, although I've heard horror stories if you use them all wrong.
That mostly with Rotary and maybe 1 or 2 with a random orbital. There is one new story that someone burn through paint with the new Flex vrg 3401. But the guy was using a orange pad and compound.

·
Professional Detailer
5,103 Posts
its hard to burn through paint. You have to really screw up.

·
R.SoN
366 Posts
If you use a buffer... you should be removing swirls on the first stage, which is compounding with a wool pad. The way you do that is keeping the area damp and work the opposite way you started. If you started horizontal, move vertical. Stage 2 3M works greats, a black cream... swirl remover.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts