Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Tyler
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting the JDM HID's into my USDM housings. I understand the beam pattern affects oncoming cars, but is that the housings or the HID's themselves? If it's the bulbs can you clarify why the bulbs affect the beam pattern? I would think it's the housing. I am getting the kit for rather cheap. Also if the bulbs ever burn out can I use other HID bulbs with JDM ballasts? thanks:thumbsup:

·
DNA all over bish!
10,639 Posts
It's the way the reflectors are aimed in the JDM headlamps that makes them RHD. I think it's possible to modify the reflector to make it less glary for oncoming traffic but I wouldn't risk damaging it. That's why people with the jdm headlamps have to pay a small price. It's expensive I'm sure, but even if you aim it down you're only reducing the severity of glare.

·
Tyler
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The guy I'm buying them from wants to switch the back of my housings with his b/c he has Vision HID's and wants to keep those with the JDM lights. He said the Visions look like crap in the JDM HID lamps and he thinks the HID's will look crappy in the USDM lamps:dontknow:

·
Tyler
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will the D2R bulbs work with the OEM housings? Will I have problems mounting them properly? Please reply.

·
Tyler
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He said he'll open up my housings and swap them out with his. This guy is an expert with DIY RSX headlights, as he's done it about 10 times. So I'll have the JDM HID bulbs and inner part of the headlight, with my USDM DIY blackout and plastic casing...what do you think of that?

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
talyler said:
He said he'll open up my housings and swap them out with his. This guy is an expert with DIY RSX headlights, as he's done it about 10 times. So I'll have the JDM HID bulbs and inner part of the headlight, with my USDM DIY blackout and plastic casing...what do you think of that?

He obviously wasn't an expert Tyler. :laughing: The headlamps fogged TO SHIT AND BACK, with water dripping inside and everything, then the JDM HIDs died on him THE DAY AFTER INSTALL, and the guy he bought them from said, "fuck this, bye."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts