Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
norcal member
27,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what shud i get? so far i have a Injen SRI ..dont think i want a exhaust either...help!

·
Registered
64 Posts
RiceCooknDC5 said:
what shud i get? so far i have a Injen SRI ..dont think i want a exhaust either...help!
There are a couple of things you can do to improve your horsepower.

1. Search this site before asking such a question.
2. Get a new header
3. Get a moddified RS*R exhaust (Only made for Type-S, but can be modified to fit a Base). This is a quiet exhaust, this is why I suggested it since you said that you don't want an exhaust. I am assuming that you don't want a loud exhaust.
4. Get pulleys
5. Get an Injen CAI, or an AEM V2
6. Cam Gears

Unless anyone can think of anything else, there is not much you can do with an automatic transmission car, besides a turbo, but I do not know who makes one for the base auto RSX.

If you want HP, get a Type-S. Personally, I am planning to get a Base Auto because I want a cool daily driver. It all depends on what you want. Make sure you define what you want before spendiing your money.

·
Registered
41 Posts
SRI Intakes

RiceCooknDC5 said:
I wouldn't get a SRI because you're only going to suck in Hotter Air which is less dense. :thumbsdow Go with the CAI or Icebox (if the icebox fits an Auto).
Maybe the SRI is okay when you're moving, :driving: but not when you have to sit for a min or 2 .. especially in warm to hot climates.
In the Tech section on here, the SRI has a performance rating of 0 :thumbsdow

·
norcal member
27,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea im gonna get the AEM CAI .... and maybe a turbo,if theres one avail...thanks guys!

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
RiceCooknDC5 said:
First get rid of the Injen SRI, cause the heatsoak kills your car. Cold Air will make a difference on your auto, trust me I use to have one.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
RiceCooknDC5 said:
yea im gonna get the AEM CAI .... and maybe a turbo,if theres one avail...thanks guys!
Cybernation Stage 1, but your transmission is limited to the power it can receive. I think not more than 250WHP.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
AEM SRI r known to be the worst intake you can get for the K-Series motor. Heatsoak will kill you.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Unorthadox racing is about to come out with pullies for the base.

·
norcal member
27,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
how bout AEM CAI & JR race header on stock exhaust? how much gain? or how will it sound? ...dunno bout gettin pulleys or cam gears

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
So far the only company that I know that backs up their claim with dyno is DC Sports.

With their DC-TCS Exhaust System, DC-Headers and DC CAI they claim 40WHP

·
Registered
159 Posts
Acuraivtec said:
So far the only company that I know that backs up their claim with dyno is DC Sports.

With their DC-TCS Exhaust System, DC-Headers and DC CAI they claim 40WHP
:eek: my gawd. that is QUITE impressive. is that for typeS? 5spd or auto?

·
Registered
214 Posts
the TCS sounds frigigin bad ass..

looks ballsy too :)

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
sawwbuzz said:
the TCS sounds frigigin bad ass..

looks ballsy too :)
Do you have a sound file I can listen to ? I ve never heard the DC TCS before.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
a video ? its the same thing, or a picture of what it looks like installed on an RSX with a body kit. I have the OEM kit.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts