Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK...first off i would like to thank anyone who responds to this topic.
My best friend has an auto Celica GTS (180 hp), i have an auto RSX(160 hp).
I figure that if i increase my hp to 180 i will have a good chance of smoking him.
Though some may disagree, i would still appreciate it if you guys still gave me tips to increase my HP to 180.

·
Registered
11 Posts
aem cai + greddy evo 2 exhuast/power getter....that will get you i dunno 15ish...not sure but a good amount

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you know how much that would cost me

·
Registered
247 Posts
if he has an auto....you shouldn't need to do much....i think it only has a four speed auto....it would slow him down a lot.......yeah cai and exhaust should more than cover it......my intake and exhaust set me back.....1300 bucks canadian.....so i dont know............anyways good luck

·
Registered
516 Posts
Ballrof2k said:
OK...first off i would like to thank anyone who responds to this topic.
My best friend has an auto Celica GTS (180 hp), i have an auto RSX(160 hp).
I figure that if i increase my hp to 180 i will have a good chance of smoking him.
Though some may disagree, i would still appreciate it if you guys still gave me tips to increase my HP to 180.
well, you'll have a pretty good shot against him stock for stock, the auto tranny in the GT-S is kinda crappy. um, i would just add a CAI, and a good exhaust, and for an AEM CAI expect to pay around 300 for an exhaust around 4-500 but with an CAI and exhaust, i think you should take him, even though you wont equal 180hp you'll get him cause of the better gearing in the rsx auto. :thumbsup:

·
2 Shea
3,465 Posts
stock for stock a base rsx will prolly not beat a GTS. the first thing u need is a CAI. Exhaust will not add alot of whp and for 500$ it is not worth it. if u truly want speed get upgraded ECU it will add ALOT more than exuast and cost about the same

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
celica gts is so much lighter than our car...

plus they have 1.8 engine that makes 180hp...

and we have 2.0 engine that makes only 160hp...

probably just intake and exhaust won't do you any much better...

just learn how to launch with automatic, then you might beat him...

hehe :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
you could get an aem sri...whi go for like $130 on some websites and i even saw one for sale for 70$ !!!... then you can get a cheaper exhaust for like $300 if your trying to save 100-200...there is a very nice apex-i exhaust for about $300...but yea definately get an sri or cai first...you should be able to smoke him...celicas = teh suck

·
baby buffett
13,382 Posts
you know a base puts down no where near 160. Your lookin at a 135-145 whp for a base and a 150-160 for the gts. Sri's are mostly for show and sound, and they suck more hot air than your stock airbox. If you're going to go performance mods, CAI+hondata, and maybe throw in a exhaust. PG is my favorite. After thats its a drivers race.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
can someone please explain to me in simple terms what an ecu is

·
Department's Peon
640 Posts
blow his tires!!! and you'll win for sure :flame:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
does the rsx have a hp or top speed limitor on it

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
...also does anyone know what the 0-60 is on either car(remember they're automatic)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
is that removable

·
Department's Peon
640 Posts
auto RSX.... 8 something sec 0-60 ?!? i have no clue

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanx for the answers, but i would really appreciate the 0-60 time, more importantly for the auto rsx

1 - 20 of 79 Posts