Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is before:

Here are the afters:

Up top is "paint only" microfiber, "paint only" royal velvets, and my porter cable and rotary.

Here is the "general purpose microfiber and terry towels:

Waxes and polishes:

Detail sprays and cleaners:

Detail brushes, pads, etc. Bottom shelf is vinyl dressings:

I had to through a lot away to make room for my new stuff that is the way, can't wait!

·
Yeah ok
343 Posts
Well that sure is alot of crap ya got there lol jk I was wondering if you have ever tried the Pinnacle Crystal Mist Quick Detailer or the Eimann Fabrik Clear Pear. I have used the E.F. and i like it alot, but I am always up for change. And have you ever used the Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion, it seems to have a pretty nice write up. I have used the Trade Secret wax from TOTL and is does a pretty good job, but i think im gonna try some Pinnacle produts next. Lemme know what you think.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I have tried them and they are all very nice. You cannot go wrong with pinnacle products, they are top notch.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
wow you have a lot of stuff....

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jstn said:
mistaclean, how do you like the porter cable?
I love it, could not live without it, it is that good.

FWIW, Lowes ran a sale a few weeks ago and you could get a PC for about $80. That is too cheap for anyone to pass up.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Whoa:eek: That is A LOT of stuff. I use 1/8 of what you have. My garage has more junk and if I had that much, my parents would prolly call it junk. Neways if you have die-cast model cars, you can use the polishes and waxes on them. It actually works really well. Meguiars even created a mini kit for model collectors. And they acutally use the same GC Wax and Final Inspection Spary in mini bottles.

·
baby buffett
13,383 Posts
thats F-in disgusting...hahah I have about 7 things and some towels and my car is pretty mint

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
That's awesome, I am so jealous! I wish I had that much room to store my stuff but unfortunetly I don't. Nice job. :thumbsup: Also, where can I get some of those yellow towels? I like the color and they look super super soft. :laughing:

Oh, and by the way guys, mistaclean is a car care professional, literally for a living, how cool of him to share his "world" with us. :)

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
EternalBlue said:
That's awesome, I am so jealous! I wish I had that much room to store my stuff but unfortunetly I don't. Nice job. :thumbsup: Also, where can I get some of those yellow towels? I like the color and they look super super soft. :laughing:

Oh, and by the way guys, mistaclean is a car care professional, literally for a living, how cool of him to share his "world" with us. :)
If you have a costco near you, you can find them there.....12 for 8.67! If you have ever purchased microfiber you will know what a good deal this is.

EternalBlue, I work in the indusrty for a manufacturer, I demo products, proper buffing techniques, and general car care practices to body shops and dealers. I detail on the side because that is what I love to do, polish paint. Thanks for refering to me as a professional, really I am just a guy who is passionate about paint care and happened to land a job as a result of it.

·
werd
2,366 Posts
wow. that looks awesome. im sure your car reflects(no pun intended....haha lmao. ok im dumb) your work.

if im ever in tennessee.....yea. im gonna pay you to do my car.

·
i-vtec.Do you?
1,595 Posts
EternalBlue, I work in the indusrty for a manufacturer, I demo products, proper buffing techniques, and general car care practices to body shops and dealers. I detail on the side because that is what I love to do, polish paint. Thanks for refering to me as a professional, really I am just a guy who is passionate about paint care and happened to land a job as a result of it. [/B]
What are proper buffing techniques

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
RSXType-Smoking said:
What are proper buffing techniques
Well, if we are talking about the use of a rotary polisher, which can really F up a paint job in the hands of an inexperienced user, then practice is the most important thing.

For someone starting out I would recommend:

Keeping the pad EXTREMELY clean(I am talking hospital clean)

Keep the pad flat against the surface you are working on

Keep the cord over your shoulder so that it does not come into contact with the paint

Never buff above 1500 RPM,s(until you have mastered the machine)

ONLY buff an area approximately 18"x18"

Make sure you have enough product on your pad to ensure good lubrication, NEVER buff dry

AVoid twisted wool pads(again until you,ve mastered the machine), stick to foam

Practice on beaters and junk yard panels for AT LEAST a year before taking a rotary to someone's paint

Of course all of this is probably not necessary for 90% of you guys. I would recommend just picking a porter cable 7424 or 7336 (same machine different accessories). The PC "jiggles" or oscilates, therefore it cannot burn paint. I use my PC for about 85% of my detail jobs, the rotary comes out for cars that are in really bad shape OR show cars that need to have EVERY swirl and scratch removed for a show. It is also not uncommon for some detailers to apply a heavy compound with a rotary, then switch to the PC for the remaining steps.

·
The Ominous One
3,799 Posts
the PC is the shit. i use it annually with 3M SMR. nice to get off to a good start for my zaino :)
and yes, its time sal zaino updated his site. no reason to use cotton towels when theres microfiber in the world! amazing stuff, unless you have rough hands,, its snags onto your skin easily!

·
i-vtec.Do you?
1,595 Posts
Wats 3m smr is that like a compund.And mistaclean whats the best way to clean my car since i got salt on it so i wont scratch it please spread your vast cleaning knowledge hehe:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Leo95SE said:
no reason to use cotton towels when theres microfiber in the world! amazing stuff, unless you have rough hands, its snags onto your skin easily!
i hate that. it makes the towels uncomfortable to handle sometimes.

·
The Ominous One
3,799 Posts
RSXType-Smoking said:
Wats 3m smr is that like a compund.And mistaclean whats the best way to clean my car since i got salt on it so i wont scratch it please spread your vast cleaning knowledge hehe:thumbsup:
swirl mark remover. sorta like a rubbing compound, but not quite as harsh. to be used after claybar to remove all remaining contaminents..

salt, i would just wash off.. gonna scratch either way.. thats why come spring time you just spend a day doing it up. lol

·
i-vtec.Do you?
1,595 Posts
I was gonna buy the zaino kit and a porter cable should i use the 3m smr as well

·
The Ominous One
3,799 Posts
i only use the PC for the SMR

1 - 20 of 30 Posts