Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
iBOOST- Do u?
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I REALLY need help. My car wont start after winter storage

So i'm away for straight 4 months. I stored my car indoor. B4 i left, i changed oil. Remove battery, and inlate the tires. I also put gas prolong additive and octance boost)

So now i got back. I put a new battery in. I start the ignition but it doesnt turn over.

I'm thinking of changing the spark plugs.

Any idea what i should do? My car is only 70k KMs.

Thanks

·
Registered
113,845 Posts
so all the electric works (radio, lights, etc) but it doesnt turn over at all? is there any noise, a clicking sound?

·
iBOOST- Do u?
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so all the electric works (radio, lights, etc) but it doesnt turn over at all? is there any noise, a clicking sound?

yeah all the electric works.

I didnt notice any clicking noise.

What i'm worried most is the fuel line got damaged.

·
Hi there
696 Posts
yeah all the electric works.

I didnt notice any clicking noise.

What i'm worried most is the fuel line got damaged.
You are thinking too hard, After storage for any length of time you are gonna have a battery problem. Get a new battery or just make sure the one you have has a good charge and then go from there.

·
Breast inspector by appt.
9,245 Posts
If the starter motor turns but the car won't start, first, listen for the fuel pump to prime when you turn the key to on but not start. Did you remove any fuses or hit a hidden kill switch before you stored the car? Did somebody steal your ECU? If none of these apply, then you need to determine if spark is reaching the plugs and then if fuel is reaching the injectors.

·
iBOOST- Do u?
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are thinking too hard, After storage for any length of time you are gonna have a battery problem. Get a new battery or just make sure the one you have has a good charge and then go from there.
Gee i already said i put in a new battery.

·
iBOOST- Do u?
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If the starter motor turns but the car won't start, first, listen for the fuel pump to prime when you turn the key to on but not start. Did you remove any fuses or hit a hidden kill switch before you stored the car? Did somebody steal your ECU? If none of these apply, then you need to determine if spark is reaching the plugs and then if fuel is reaching the injectors.
Those are things i'm worried the most. I dont know how to check if spark reach the plugs, or nothing wrong with the fuel line.

I will change the plugs just incase that would solve it.

·
iBOOST- Do u?
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bad fuel. drain it out and put some fresh gas in there and give it a shot. :)

How do i drain it out? Using sucking tubes?

Oh this is my first time changing spark plugs, which Iridium plugs does Honda use? I know its NDK Iridium but i dont know the part number.

Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts