Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
113,845 Posts
Check the forsale forums here, there are normally a few there. The car learns the fob, so once you pick up an acura fob you just have to let your car "learn" it.

·
7,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check the forsale forums here, there are normally a few there. The car learns the fob, so once you pick up an acura fob you just have to let your car "learn" it.
Oh, really!?

Well that makes thing simpler......I thought I would be screwed if I bought a fob with the wrong frequency...

What if I have one on one frequency and one on another? Will that work too?

·
Car Is Sold!
6,315 Posts
how exactly does one make the car learn a new fob?
Storing transmitter codes:
The codes of up to three transmitters can be read into the keyless receiver unit memory. (If a fourth code is stored, the code which was input first will be erased.)

NOTE: It is important to maintain the time limits between the steps. Make sure the doors and the hatch are closed.

1. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).

2. Within 1 to 4 sec., push the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the receiver under the audio unit.

3. Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch OFF.

4. Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch ON (II).

5. Within 1 to 4 sec., push the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the receiver under the audio unit.

6. Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch OFF.

7. Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch ON (II).

8. Within 1 to 4 sec., push the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the receiver under the audio unit.

9. Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch OFF.

10. Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch ON (II).

11. Within 1 to 4 sec., push the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the receiver under the audio unit.

12. YOU SHOULD NOW HAVE HEARD THE SOUND OF THE DOOR LOCK ACTUATORS! Within 1 to 4 sec., push the transmitter lock or unlock button again.

13. Within 10 sec., aim any remaining transmitters (up to two additional ones) whose codes you want to store at the receiver, and press the transmitter lock or unlock buttons. Confirm that you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators after each transmitter code is stored.

14. Turn the ignition switch OFF, and pull out the key.

15. Confirm proper operation of the transmitters.

The instructions seem a bit repetitive but they will properly program your keyless transmitter.

Reactions: paulkramer

·
:lurk:
1,612 Posts
Damn, beat me too it lol. But my car will only remember the last two remotes.

·
7,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
7,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bumping this old thread - I just bought a used remote from salvager, supposedly from an '06 RSX.

But, it has some indication that it includes programmable seat capability.

There weren't any RSXs built with memory seats, were there?

I tried programming it anyway. Didn't work. FCC ID is E4EG8D-444H-A.

Anyone know if this should work with my '02 RSX or not?

·
7,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The remote they sent me looks like an RSX fob - it has only lock, unlock and panic buttons, but it also has a little seat pictograph on the back side and some instructions on how to link and unlink the memory seat.

·
Com
2,120 Posts
Bumping this old thread - I just bought a used remote from salvager, supposedly from an '06 RSX.

But, it has some indication that it includes programmable seat capability.

There weren't any RSXs built with memory seats, were there?

I tried programming it anyway. Didn't work. FCC ID is E4EG8D-444H-A.

Anyone know if this should work with my '02 RSX or not?
It's the wrong one. I know because i bought one before. Thats for a Mdx and it operate on a different Frequency. You need a remote with oucg8d-355h-a.
Like this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001...006QQitemZ160168835420QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

·
Pwnerer
60 Posts
Question digging up this old thread.

I have an 05 RSX and I'm trying to get the transmitter to work with the receiver. Before I spend any money I want to make sure I'm doing it right. I realized that in this thread the "444" remote doesn't work? does that mean i remote needs to be of the part number "355". Should I try this first before swaping the internal receiver?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts