Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
aDaM yAtEs
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kind of turbo should i get and what type of hp will i get from it. Please help me out here. :dontknow:

·
i-VTEC, Do you?
973 Posts
Your 3 options are, A, Cybernation which puts down the most horsepower and allows you to upgrade through stages (IE stage I to Stage II) but is also pretty expensive. B, GReddy which is less expensive, but puts down less power and doesn't currently have any room for stage upgrades similar to cybernation. And C, SEARCH so that people like me don't have to type things like this :D

·
Banned
3,435 Posts
Greddy kits are well built.. Cybernations welds are suspect.

·
zoom zoom
2,027 Posts
i hear alot of good things about cybernation. oh yea, dont forget turbonetics.

·
K series tuning liberator
2,524 Posts
ITRGTR said:
i hear alot of good things about cybernation. oh yea, dont forget turbonetics.
They are just a turbo manufacturer..they don't actually make a turbo kit for the RSX>..but their turbo is commonly used in most kits. The Turbonetics T3/T4 hybrid turbo is possibly the most common turbo used on the RSX.

·
zoom zoom
2,027 Posts
teamxrsx said:
They are just a turbo manufacturer..they don't actually make a turbo kit for the RSX>..but their turbo is commonly used in most kits. The Turbonetics T3/T4 hybrid turbo is possibly the most common turbo used on the RSX.
oh i see, thanks for clearing that up :)

·
Registered
419 Posts
the greddy kit has made up to 300whp..and the greddy kit is upgradable..ppl are just too lazy

both kits are pretty flawless it just depends on what your looking for

i have nothing against the rsx..but those comments made me laugh

·
Banned
3,435 Posts
check out artic blues sig. he did with 11psi I believe.

·
aDaM yAtEs
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey types03, i am like 45 min away from South Padre Island( spring break baby). I go to San Antonio and Austin often. I dont know if u head out there ureself but if u ever do bro give me a buzz aiight

·
Registered
340 Posts
This is exactly how the Civic boards were :laughing:

A lot of people downed Greddy for power numbers stating that, in the Civics case, Drag was a better kit..

But as I've stated millions of times, you have to correctly tune the vehicle to get the power..Greddy makes a very well put together turbo kit with very high quality parts, and can see substantial power gains on the proper setup..

Just to prove some wrong in our area, I personally used Greddy turbo components on two of our shop cars (they were a 00 Si and a 94 GSR), to show the incredible power numbers to be had when tuned properly..Both of these cars with 1.8L VTEC motors easily put out 350whp on a mild engine build with 9.3:1 compression after 30 minutes each on a dyno..this was not a complete tune as we were on a time restriction that day, but just an example to show you..

I had actually considered putting together a custom turbo kit for our new shop car ('03 RSX Type S), but I am now considering a Greddy kit to clear all of the misconceptions that seem to arise every time..

No bad words against any other kit; any properly sized and put together turbo kit can make power in the hands of the right tuner when given the proper setup..

·
K series tuning liberator
2,524 Posts
nice!!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
bluesiTYPER said:
This is exactly how the Civic boards were :laughing:

A lot of people downed Greddy for power numbers stating that, in the Civics case, Drag was a better kit..

But as I've stated millions of times, you have to correctly tune the vehicle to get the power..Greddy makes a very well put together turbo kit with very high quality parts, and can see substantial power gains on the proper setup..

Just to prove some wrong in our area, I personally used Greddy turbo components on two of our shop cars (they were a 00 Si and a 94 GSR), to show the incredible power numbers to be had when tuned properly..Both of these cars with 1.8L VTEC motors easily put out 350whp on a mild engine build with 9.3:1 compression after 30 minutes each on a dyno..this was not a complete tune as we were on a time restriction that day, but just an example to show you..

I had actually considered putting together a custom turbo kit for our new shop car ('03 RSX Type S), but I am now considering a Greddy kit to clear all of the misconceptions that seem to arise every time..

No bad words against any other kit; any properly sized and put together turbo kit can make power in the hands of the right tuner when given the proper setup..
:iamwiths: i like this guy :laughing: :laughing:

·
Not Plugged In
15,483 Posts
buy my t-25 turbo - its small, but it handles 16 psi and pushes out like 350cfm

1 - 18 of 18 Posts