Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 434 Posts

·
Full-Race Stage 2GT
2,352 Posts
Hey guys ive been looking around the board and i want to turbo my car. I really like the full-race mani. but i dont really want to spend 5699 for there stage 3 kit. So what do you guys think would be a good set up using the full-race mani. and tial WG/BOV and the GT35R and other componets. I am looking to make around 400-450WHP. and would like to do it on stock internals but if rods and pistons are needed then which ones are good ones that im not going to have trouble with.

refer to post #4 also.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
do u mean an alternative way than using full-race? if so use Rev Hard manifold w/a GT35R or u can use a Precision SC-61 turbo and a tail bov and wastegate and pistions i would go with for JE 9:1 and Cunnigham Rods. You can go on stock internals but eventually it blow

·
Full-Race Stage 2GT
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well guys to be more specific here is what i am trying to ask. i was asking what other stuff can i use. I WANT to use the full-race mani. GT35R tubo, and Tial WG/BOV but i dont know what other stuff to get such as DP/intercooler/etc. im a noob to turbo stuff and i would like to know what are some good rods and pistons i have heard people say that je pistons arnt good and some say cp are crap well i would just like to know what are some good stuff to use. well i would appricate it if you could give me some help.

·
CLUBRSX.com Supporter
3,684 Posts
JE pistons are one of the best. Rods you can go with eagle if your not going all out, cunningham, pauter, carillo or crower for big hp.

·
7,331 Posts
as far as the turbo items i will tell you go with full-race. you can go custom but since you stated that your new to the turbo world i wouldnt try to get into custom pieces. just make it simple on yourself for now and buy a cheaper kit/stage 1 from full-race. and if you ever plan on going for bigger numbers all you would need is a bigger turbo and a couple of more items.

now as far as other items to buy here is a link that i think would help you out alot.....

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=412454

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
to save time and hassle just call up full-race n say i want stage 3 gt kit for the rsx-s and ur set haha

·
I <3 Bewst
1,716 Posts
I am kind of in the same boat but if you are doing pistons and rods you might as well get the block sleeved while the motor is out. You will end up spending more money not doing so in the end. I want the stage 3 kit as well and want between 400-500 whp on the 35r but I am not sure what I want to do as far as internals wise.

·
Full-Race Stage 2GT
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
JSpecTypeR said:
I am kind of in the same boat but if you are doing pistons and rods you might as well get the block sleeved while the motor is out. You will end up spending more money not doing so in the end. I want the stage 3 kit as well and want between 400-500 whp on the 35r but I am not sure what I want to do as far as internals wise.

sounds just like me i talked to geoff at full-race and he said that the k-series could handle 400-500 easy with the 35r. so i think i might just go stock untill summer or untill i get out of college.

·
Sold My baby!! :(
1,441 Posts
You will spend about the same trying to piece it all together. I would just save the money and get full-race. Unless you are like me and know an awesome installer/fabricator who will hook you up with awesome custom parts and prices. I just did this and spent damn near the price of the full-race kit, by piecing it all together and having parts made.

·
Vendor
1,422 Posts
sf-Rsx said:
I WANT to use the full-race mani. GT35R tubo, and Tial WG/BOV but i dont know what other stuff to get such as DP/intercooler/etc.
the only downpipe that will work with a Full-Race Manifold is a Full-Race downpipe, so there arent really any other options for that. Additionally, if you tried to custom make a downpipe, it is likely that it would not come out as well as ours, and be about the same price, yet takes far more time, and far more equipment.

Additionally, there is no other intercooler on the market that will provide more performance, a faster spool or better fitment than ours. We recently did a test comparing our short charge pipe setup to the GReddy with the long charge pipes. The Full-Race IC picked up about 20-25 whp before the turbo spooled and about 10-15 once it was spooled. The early rpm gains were most noticeable. It will be VERY diffiuclt for you to be able to find a fabricator or a custom offereing that would fit as well as ours, or make anywhere near the power ours makes, without spending much more money.

For pricing, you should call the shop and speak with Henry. The prices listed on our store are MSRP...

·
Registered
412 Posts
sf-Rsx said:
well i want to make 400-450 untill i get out of college then i am looking to go for some big numbers.
Haha, drive your car after you have 450 whp, and then see if you want to go after "big numbers." I've got about 350, and traction > my car
EDIT: but I still want more:dontknow:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Question

I am trying to get a nice figure for how much money that I would need to save in the next year to mod my new rsx-s.

I bought it a month ago and what I really want is a to be able to pull 1/4 mile times in the low 13s but still be able to use the car for my commute to work.

I would plan on getting a professional install.

Please help, any suggestions

1 - 20 of 434 Posts