Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i have proggress coilovers and front and rear camber kits. I went in today for an alignment an ask them to set my camber to -1.75 and the rear to -1.10. After waiting 2 hours they told me they did the best they could. The results came out

Front Left Camber: -1.25
Front right Camber: -0.55
Rear left Camber : -1.30
Rear right Camber: +0.45

Now everytime i see somebody when there camber numbers posted online i always see the front and right almost identical. Is my numbers off because firestone sucks? Or is it because they need more time. They told me if they had the car for 4 hours they can get it set to the specs i want. Should i just get my car aligned somewhere else?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
If you do in fact have front and rear camber kits as you say they do in fact suck and you would be within your rights to demand your money back. An RSX without the camber kits would probably have better camber numbers than what you posted. Are you sure those numbers weren't the before numbers? My left-rights are usually within 0.1 of each other.

·
Registered
882 Posts
does not look good man, are there any speed or race shops near you can do this for you? might be a good idea to look into it. you can buy tools to do it yourself, but it takes practice and a little know how. google would be your best place for that

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
okay for one, they won't listen to you if they tell them that because that's not what they're being paid for. they are paid to just put it within OEM specs.

·
Slow in Fast out
2,884 Posts
OEM specs are utter shit

that readout look awful, take it back. If you have front and rear camber kits there is no excuse for that much of variation.

Edit: Just realized your in Maryland. Check out PTuning in Manassas, VA. My experiences with them have been great (including alignment), their the only shop I trust with my car.

·
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They said that its because they needed more time i was like what? 2hours isnt enough? you think i should file a complaint againt them? Because this is the second time i been there and the first time i got my car aligned it was with stock cambers and it was ALOT worse then this. And also do they need to take the tires off to set the cambers i thought they did it with lasers?

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
they shouldn't have to take off anything.

·
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They told me they had to take the tire off so they can set my camber i was thinking something was wrong so i asked him i thought the lasers do it he said no and he said that it was supppose to be done by hand. And are they suppose to test drive your car before the alignment?

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
yes, they test drive before and after.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
that's some retarded numbers they got you AND you waited two hours? whoever was doing your alignment must be stupid or something. i went to firestone twice to get my alignment cause i got lifetime. they did cool both times, maybe like 0.1 degree off or something but it didn't matter. i was there watching them do it the whole time. u just gotta make sure that they know what they're doing. from my experience, you should talk straight to the alignment guy and not the one at the counter cause usually, he'll tell you straight up they can't do "special" (not factory) alignment but the alignment person might say otherwise.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
They said that its because they needed more time i was like what? 2hours isnt enough? you think i should file a complaint againt them? Because this is the second time i been there and the first time i got my car aligned it was with stock cambers and it was ALOT worse then this. And also do they need to take the tires off to set the cambers i thought they did it with lasers?
btw, i think they adjust camber with a wrench. and nothing has to be taken off.

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Wow.. no joke I can do a better alignment at home on non-level ground by eyeballing it.

I've seen/stared at different alignments enough that I can get a pretty close guess in regards to camber/toe. But especially camber.

·
Member?
353 Posts
I have lifetime Firestone...it is a good deal, but you need to know what you are getting. They will not adjust camber at all, as the TS should be able to tell from the specs. I set the camber myself, using a board with a 1 degree angle marked and a large "L" square...the front came out to -1.2 and -0.9 and the rears came out to -1 and -0.8. That was after toe was adjusted, which changes camber, so I was happy. I made height adjustments at the same time, so my toe was a good bit off all around. The next time, I will adjust camber only and it should be alot closer to exactly what I want.

If you want an alignment done a certain way, just go talk to the guy doing the alignment...every time they were very cooperative. All they care about is getting it in spec, since that is all a typical customer cares about. They also know that spec is not necessarily ideal, but they work with so many different cars they don't know how an out-of-spec alignment affects a particular car. I told the tech I wanted 0.05 toe out in front and zero in back, he asked me if it drove good like that and I said definitely...then he set the toe exactly how I wanted it. I completely understand them not being able to adjust camber, only certain alignment platforms can jack up a particular corner for changing camber. It is a very trial-and-error type of adjustment...jack up, adjust camber, lower, adjust toe and check camber...jack up, adjust, lower, adjust toe and check camber...and so on and so on until the camber and toe are just right.

The first time I took my EK civic, the guy didn't even know the rear toe was adjustable...I had to show him the bolts!:rolleyes: I wonder how many DC2s and EGs he has seen that have the same suspension and didn't adjust the rear toe. Since then, I always go back there and check out what they are doing.

·
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I did talk to the guy that was doing my alignment. i asked him to put it to a certain camber he said ok. 2 hours later he said he didnt have enough time to put it to the cambers to a certain number.

·
pimpin on budget
1,735 Posts
The first time I took my EK civic, the guy didn't even know the rear toe was adjustable...I had to show him the bolts!:rolleyes: I wonder how many DC2s and EGs he has seen that have the same suspension and didn't adjust the rear toe. Since then, I always go back there and check out what they are doing.
are the dc5's rear toe adjustable?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.