Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what everyone does with their IAT sensor? Do you install it and if so where?
I am mainly asking anyone that has a sidewinder manifold. A shop told me I should just leave it out tucked away in front of the battery. I wanted to install it in the charge pipe right before the throttle body because that is the air that is going into the motor so to me it would make sense to mount it there. The shop told me if I mount it there, it would burn out in a few weeks. anyone?

·
Vaginal Lubrication Tech
338 Posts
Tell they people at that shop they are complete fucking idiots.
you need it on the intercooler pipe that is closest to your throttlebody, just like you said.
the charge air is heated when its compressed by the turbo and then the air is cooled by the intercooler so the sensor has to be after the intercooler.
well i guess You could have it measuring the air temp in the intake manifold if you worked out a way to mount the sensor to the intake manifold.

our car run a speed density setup, how the hell could the ecu calculate the density of the air correctly without knowing the air temp. It can't.
Shops that don't know what the fuck they are doing should be shut down.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what I thought. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts