Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 247 Posts

·
-
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After listening to annoying rattles everywhere on my RSX for several months, I finally got tired of it and decided it needs to go away. I've search for all the threads for on ClubRSX and fixed most the the rattles. Only time it rattles when I hit a really big pot hole. It doesn't rattle when I turn up the music, cruising around, or even take it to redline. Thanks to autobuff for the dash rattles solutions and jasonoff for he rear speaker solutions.

A lot of times, someone will have a solution, but I don't know exactly what parts they're talking about. So, I will attach a lot of pictures for anyone looking for solutions to their rattles.

May a little too late, but 56K Warning !!

·
-
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glovebox Rattles

Someone said you could wrap electrical tape around the latch several times and it would stop the rattles. But it didn't work for me. I tapped around the glove box and found that the air vent above the glovebox rattles. The one on the left passenger side. I put a piece of foam behind it and it stop the rattles.

Attachments

·
-
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hatch Rattles

I found that the floor of the hatch rattles when panel hit the metal part of the wheel well. So I put some Weather-strip under it as outline by the yellow line. Same thing with the other side.

Attachments

·
-
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hatch Ratles 2

The panel in the hatch around the tail light also rattles and I just stuck a piece of rubber from an old wiper blade. Picture below shows the panel I'm talking about.

Attachments

·
-
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Someone also said to adjust the stopper on the hatch, but it didn't work for me. You could adjust it by turning it. I find that if you turn it out too much, it's a little difficult to pull the level to open the hatch. There's stopper on both side.

Attachments

·
-
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dash Rattles

Found that my plastic dash hits the glass and following autobuff solutions, I went to Pepboys to find the foam that he've used. But could only find Intertape Weather-Strip.

Attachments

·
-
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i-VTEC Cover

The cover rattles when I'm warming up the car. And it only rattles at certain rpm. I removed the two screws and put finishing washer under it so that it raised the cover up. No more rattles from the engine.

Attachments

·
-
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rear Speakers

My rear speakers rattle when I'm playing the music loud or with a lot of bass. Jasonoff applied some black silicon around the edge of the speaker grill so that it does not come in contact with the plastic panel. Since I don't have black silicon handy and it was late, I applied electrical tape around the edge of the grill and cut off the access with a x-acto knife. The picture below show the electrical tape that have not been trimmed. Once trimmed and installed back on, you should not be able to tell it was there at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
562 Posts
i ma go down and try putting some washer under the vtec cover and then rev it up. i got the buzzing noise at around 4000rpm.

·
-
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
-
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
|mlm|RSX said:
i ma go down and try putting some washer under the vtec cover and then rev it up. i got the buzzing noise at around 4000rpm.
If it's the cover, then you could get some finishing washer. I went to Home Depot and got some for less than $1 for like 6 piece or so. Regular, flat washer might not raise it high enough. If you ask for finishing washer, I'm sure they know what you're talking about.

·
The conscience of ClubRSX
8,538 Posts
kenny_atl>

Thanks very much for this comprehensive guide. I myself have a little annoying rattle from the area above the glovebox, I think. It doesn't occur often enough to really annoy me though.

I also noticed that when I have the sunroof solid cover pulled back, it rattles: is that normal?

M

·
0 Posts
I traded my 1.8T for a civic because of rattles - it drove me insane. Now I'm wanting to buy a RSX-S because the civic ex 5-spd has no balls but you guys got me second guessing with all this rattle talk. :confused:

·
-
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
rk922 said:
kenny_atl>

Thanks very much for this comprehensive guide. I myself have a little annoying rattle from the area above the glovebox, I think. It doesn't occur often enough to really annoy me though.

I also noticed that when I have the sunroof solid cover pulled back, it rattles: is that normal?
I don't have the sunroof rattles but a few other people does have it. No one seem to have a fix for it though. There's a TSB for an MDX sunroof rattle that may or may not be similar.

1 - 20 of 247 Posts