Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey peoples I have a problem that I have been chasing for a bit and could use some pointers. When the car is warm the idle will dip down pretty low when i stop at a light or something. It will hang around 500 or right under for a second and shudder. It will recover then go back up to 850. I have cleaned the IACV and TPS/position.

This is an NA build and really the first snag that i've ran into. The following is whats done so far:

AEM V2 intake
70mm Skunk2 TB
70mm Skunk2 Pro IM
DC Racing headers
Invidia N1 3" exhaust

Its running on kpro v4 and was tuned at revline here in KC

Let me know what you got for questions or suggestions!!!

·
Has No Clue
39 Posts
I have this problem currently, I am running very rich with a bad 02 sensor. How is your gas mileage lately? I'd suggest check your sensors, and a/f if possible. I'm just a noob but that's my two cents :)

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Perhaps a vacuum leak. Light squirts of carb cleaner around engine intake area. If it changes the rpm in either way, it would point to vacuum. Is the idle set low. They kind of run on a default until the O2 sensor gets up to temp so as above O2 sensor could be out or lazy. Take it to oreilly or whatever parts shop has a free use scan tool and see what pops up.

·
Super Moderator
612 Posts
Hey, did you ever find a solution i have the skunk 2 as well and am having the same issue.
you have the skunk 2 what part?
Are you aware you are bringing back a thread from the dead?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts