Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm new here, nice to meet you all!

I recently bought my 2005 RSX TYPE S, and I have been having some issues as of late. It would idle around 1500 for a few seconds then drop to 1k, then back up to 1500 and this would happen repeatedly regardless of wether engine was cold or warmed up. Also when I was coasting in neutral the RPM's would stay around 2500-3k until I came to a full stop then would drop to 1k. I changed the upstream O2 sensor (it was bad) and that seemed to fix the issue. As of yesterday it's happening again, when idling, the RPM's jumps from 1k-1200 and when coasting, the rpms sit around 2400 until I come to a full stop.

I've been lurking the forums, and have found it could possibly be a vacuum leak or the IACV. I'm just hoping for some extra input for my specific issues on what the problem could be and how to fix.

Thank you!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Unmetered air will cause that rpm issue for sure. It's a pain to trace them. Strange that your O2 fix worked for a bit though. Most shops will do a smoke test that will show you if there is a leak somewhere. Make some calls. That's all I've got. Good Luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts