Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '02 Base RSX and there seems to be a problem with the idle. About every 5th or 6th time I drive the car the idle starts acting up. It will jump up and down between 1000 and 400rpms and it sounds like it is very close to stalling. My CEL comes on when this happens (is showing high voltage and the TPS). After another 1 or 2 times driving the car the CEL turns off and the idle is back to normal. This has been happening for a couple of months and I would like to get it resolved.

Do you think that cleaning out the IACV will solve the problem or is it something else? What would cause this problem to happen occasionally instead of every time I am driving?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
577 Posts
I had this same problem with my Type-S. I would cruise down the highway and the check engine light would just vanish. Then the next morning there it was again. Then while the light was on, I would come to a complete stop, it would go to 400 sit for a few secs then go to 700. Never found out what it was thought. :(

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think cleaning the IACV would be the first step. How many miles are on your car and when was the last general maintanence on it (belts,plugs,etc...)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are 101,000kms so about 63,000miles.

The last scheduled maintenance I had was a type B service at around 85,000kms. Should I have some other maintenance (new plugs or belts, etc) done while the car is in the shop?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts