Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am new to the group! Recently got myself a 03 Rsx-Type S and I was driving one day and my check engine came on, i scanned it and it came to be a P0511 Idle air control circuit. I have done a lot of digging on forums and I still continue to have a huge idle surge after the car warms up, the rsx will rev from 1k-2k. I have changed the iacv and try to do the relearn, also deleted the Idle air assist, I have an RBC IM and I have used permatex on the K-Tuned adapter on the lower left and upper right nut to compensate for the tb. I can also put my hand on the throttle body and the car will shut off so I'm thinking it shouldn't be a vaccum leak. I'm really out of option but the last thing I would think would be tuning, and one last thing is the car is K20A2 but I'm using a 06 rsx ecu so idk if that has to do with anything.

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Spray some carb cleaner around that area as it runs and see if it has an effect. Sounds like a leak.
Dude I must say you are on point! Nice to have ya on here. I was thinking more towards the 06 ECU? Different engine, different cams. He did not mention K-pro? Could be, could be. Also the RBC is known to lean out an untuned engine-BIGTIME. That could cause some idle flux all around? Where that guy that sheep run from? Farmasskiss17. HAAA:alien:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts