Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 base auto rsx and my issue started after i bought the car and noticed the idle was a bit low around 300-500
and after driving for about 20min or until its up to temp i could rev it at idle and it would dip to around 200rpm ish
so i did some research and decided to clean the iacv i heard from alot of sources it usually always seems to clear up the issue. So i took it apart and cleaned it but being the idiot i am i took the TB apart to far and couldnt figure out how to put it back together and ended up having to buy a "new" one, it was a junker but i figured it would be fine maybe just change out the sensors and such and it would be fine. fast foward till after the mechanic said it was fixed i got into the car started it and it would go to about 1k which is normal for a cold start then after about 10-15 seconds start surging to between 1-3k every couple seconds. So i went back to them and asked if they would just change out the sensors and everything thinking that should clear up the issue they said i probably had a cracked intake, which i thought had to be wrong because it wasnt like that before i was convinced that it had to the the iacv tps map etc that i told them to just take off the old one and put on the new one, And i was testing around for a vacum leak since they said it was the intake so i sprayed nearly a whole can of maf cleaner every where on and around the intake for an idle surge. NOTHING except for in the air box and ofcourse it went up in rpm as it should, i also "tested" the iacv by takeing the airbox off and slightly covering up with a rag and the idle smoothed out so at this point i was convinced it was the iacv went back and told them to change it out or clean the other one if needed and they said it would fix anything but i felt that it would SPOILER it didnt.

i went to someone else who changed out the whole TB and iacv and tps and did a reset still nothing he also said it was maybe a bad intake gasket or just the whole intake.

at this point im lost on what to do hes gonna check it out but i havent had my car in a month and i nor the mechanic cant seem to find what wrong with it. Help please.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have an 04 base auto rsx and my issue started after i bought the car and noticed the idle was a bit low around 300-500
and after driving for about 20min or until its up to temp i could rev it at idle and it would dip to around 200rpm ish
so i did some research and decided to clean the iacv i heard from alot of sources it usually always seems to clear up the issue. So i took it apart and cleaned it but being the idiot i am i took the TB apart to far and couldnt figure out how to put it back together and ended up having to buy a "new" one, it was a junker but i figured it would be fine maybe just change out the sensors and such and it would be fine. fast foward till after the mechanic said it was fixed i got into the car started it and it would go to about 1k which is normal for a cold start then after about 10-15 seconds start surging to between 1-3k every couple seconds. So i went back to them and asked if they would just change out the sensors and everything thinking that should clear up the issue they said i probably had a cracked intake, which i thought had to be wrong because it wasnt like that before i was convinced that it had to the the iacv tps map etc that i told them to just take off the old one and put on the new one, And i was testing around for a vacum leak since they said it was the intake so i sprayed nearly a whole can of maf cleaner every where on and around the intake for an idle surge. NOTHING except for in the air box and ofcourse it went up in rpm as it should, i also "tested" the iacv by takeing the airbox off and slightly covering up with a rag and the idle smoothed out so at this point i was convinced it was the iacv went back and told them to change it out or clean the other one if needed and they said it would fix anything but i felt that it would SPOILER it didnt.

i went to someone else who changed out the whole TB and iacv and tps and did a reset still nothing he also said it was maybe a bad intake gasket or just the whole intake.

at this point im lost on what to do hes gonna check it out but i havent had my car in a month and i nor the mechanic cant seem to find what wrong with it. Help please.
also got codes p0507, p1129 and p2279 leading them to beleiving its the intake

·
Registered
30 Posts
oem but was from a junker they said they cleaned it up and the iacv but to no avail
They might've cleaned off the throttle coat from the throttle body plate. That coat looks black and seals the opening between the throttle body and throttle plate. If you shine a flashlight on one side and see light on the other side, then there is a leak there. There should be no light coming thru. Throttle coat goes on wet and dries in minutes. The throttle body gasket could be the other source of leak.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Remove your throttle body and clean it well, change your gaskets as well. Replace all sensors that sit on top of the throttle body, I forgot which is the idling sensor, but one of them was for idling. I did that long time ago over 100 000 miles and have no issues with it no more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts