Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im working with jotech motorsports (DFW, Garland)(Kenny Tran's Shop) on a custom kit and thought you all may be interested in seeing something new. its all on order right now but when i get it ill have to wait a little while longer for the install because i going to run it off the new hondata, straight programing for me! ill list the other stuff im getting as well. Ill be tuning it at jotech too. im relocating the battery to the trunk with alluminum battery box (kinda cool, will grab attention but take up space) questions welcome.
*Custom exhaust manifold tubular steel
*Custom intercooler piping with silicone
*Couplings and t-bolt clamps
*Custom Spearco intercooler
*Tial BOV w/ flange
*Tial 35mm wastegate
*Custom Down Pipe withflex piping
*Dump tube for wastegate
*Custom Fuel system
*Custom map sensor bypass
*Precision Turbo SC-61
*Greddy turbo timer
*boost and egt gauge(anyone recomend another gauge/have one your glad you have?)
*ACT clutch kit
*Yokohama parada spec-2 205/55-16
-and that is all...for now...damn how it hurts the wallet...but ill soon be forgeting all about that...right?

·
1st Boosted RSX in DFW
529 Posts
Im interested ... I live in mesquite... so let me know when your going to be up there and we can meet.... Ill be back next week.:thumbsup:

·
1st Boosted RSX in DFW
529 Posts
Forgot to ask.. is the whole setup going to be cheaper than one of the current kits out? Or are you just doing it to have something different?

·
Registered
284 Posts
i was talking to jotech for a while since i am also in texas, they told me about $5200. little too pricey for me for something that is not proven. but who knows it could be the best one, we just have to wait and see

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its not to much more expensive, but its ok because i do like that its different, and i get to build it exactly how I want it.
Travis

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
types03 said:
i was talking to jotech for a while since i am also in texas, they told me about $5200. little too pricey for me for something that is not proven. but who knows it could be the best one, we just have to wait and see
not looking to start shit by any means but i feel confident its going to be one of the best...come on, Keny Tran is on it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
yeah, i know you dont mean to start shit and neither do i. i just felt that it was a lot of money for a prototype of some sort. i do like the fact that it uses a hondata and not a piggy back. me personally, i just wanted something that was a little less risky

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
your right it is a little risky, but just a little, jotech has more expierence that any shop iv seen.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im on hold for an ecu. the new aem ems or new hondata. but i spoke to hondata and they say they need more time for r&d on vtech, so the release date is postponed. ill keep you all updated

·
Registered
224 Posts
That's about the same mod budget I had for mine. Unfortunately, I never had all that money at once, so Jotech was a no-go. They probably wouldn't have wanted to mess with my car anyway.

Good luck with the project!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
typesindallas... i used to go to jotech all the time when i had my integra but they always tried to screw me on prices, never you?...but, i heard from a guy that worked there that everything he had done on his civic was done in cali... have you heard that?

·
You really paid for that?
2,045 Posts
The only other gauges that come to mind are Oil pressure since you will be burning oil a little more than when you were stock,(the oil pressure light on your dash does not come on untill you are down to 2 psi. By then you already lost your motor.) and a fuel pressure gauge to see wether or not a fuel pump might be failing. <Fuel pump gauge saved my ass when the ground for the pump came loose and I was running off only the intake pump.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
rsxguera said:
typesindallas... i used to go to jotech all the time when i had my integra but they always tried to screw me on prices, never you?...but, i heard from a guy that worked there that everything he had done on his civic was done in cali... have you heard that?
who's civic? that one guys or Kenny Tran's?
i have seen kenny's engines being worked on at jotech in garland.
occasionaly i have heard sketchy things about jotech, but my expierence has been wonderful so far. i mostly working with Alex up there and my impression on the shop is that they are car enthusiasts just like us, and are really stoked doing something new, not just another civic.
as far as prices i knew i would be paying more than CN but im cool with that, for me its about having something different and not just buying a kit (not that there is anything wrong with that AT ALL, not starting shit!)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok the product list has changed a little, turbo: Garret gt30r (ballbearing, spools faster than fuck) hondata K-pro (tuning could not have been easier, love it) greddy prospec d 2 boost controll, no fuel system upgrade yet.

dynoed yesterday at jotech in garland, Tx.
we just ran 6psi (low boost) for now and will turn it up soon.
265 hp 194 lb/ft

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
That sounds great... let us know how it goes.

·
Banned
6,512 Posts
TypeSinDallas said:
ok the product list has changed a little, turbo: Garret gt30r (ballbearing, spools faster than fuck) hondata K-pro (tuning could not have been easier, love it) greddy prospec d 2 boost controll, no fuel system upgrade yet.

dynoed yesterday at jotech in garland, Tx.
we just ran 6psi (low boost) for now and will turn it up soon.
265 hp 194 lb/ft
Post a few dynos when u get a chance.

·
Registered
295 Posts
typesindallas,
What kind of manifold do you have? Is it an equal length? I'm looking for a shop thats selling an equal length manifold? BTW nice set up. I'm going with the sc61/hondata/ pistons and rods combo.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
iceberg

icebergslim15 said:
typesindallas,
What kind of manifold do you have? Is it an equal length? I'm looking for a shop thats selling an equal length manifold? BTW nice set up. I'm going with the sc61/hondata/ pistons and rods combo.
iceberg,
First off thats awesome your geting the pistons and rods to start, i wish i could afford them right now. it sucks knowing that as soon as i get that i can just turn up the boost with no worries.
your going to love the hondata, its the best way to go!
the manifold is, but we got it from california. im sure you could get one too.
one piece of advice, check out the garret ballbearing turbo, before you decide on the sc61, it spools SO fast and is much more advanced. You pay more for it, but i decided it was worth it.
good luck man let me know how it goes,
Travis

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i dont have a scanner but i did take pics of the dyno sheet, and will post them as soon as i get them off of my friends comp.
the numbers though were
264.1HP 193.4lb/ft at just six psi...after i break in the clutch i will turn it up to about 9 or 10 psi and then tune there.
travis

1 - 20 of 24 Posts