·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
16,470 Posts
Mugen intake is for fanboi's

i would like some real proof before i believe it outperforms a CAI...

why did u choose AEM?

most CRSXers choose the Injen over AEM

Im pretty sure the Mugen is going to suffer from more heat soak then a CAI..

if my car was all show then Mugen hands down....but for real performance....im leaning towards CAI

HOWEVER

if u have Mugen Front Bumper, then i think u would benefit from a Mugen Intake..as they are paired perfectly for optimum performance

·
These Colors Might Run
3,668 Posts
Im just curious if money was no option wich of the following parts would you purchase?

First on the list is: http://www.clubrsx.com/cr/AEM-21-506.html

Second is ( this is where the money kicks in): http://www.jhpusa.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_33_93_319&products_id=236

Now I know that the Mugen intake is expensive but I have my income tax money:)

Do any of you all think that the Mugen intake could outperform an AEM CAI?
the mugen airbox is made for road course racing (as is all JDM stuff). It's not tuned for peak power, it's tuned for increased throttle response and slightly more power.

a mugen intake will never outperform a CAI in terms of peak power.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will be paying cash..! I just got a real good IT job, and im only 20 and still live at home...

I plan on purchasing a Mugen Bumber as well.. So that is why I was considering the Mugen intake..

OH and I am looking for something that will give me performance, I dont really want show parts... I want performance..

I thought Mugen Bumber and Mugen Intake would go good with one another; performance wise..

Which CAI would you all recommend?

·
Registered
16,470 Posts
Injen CAI....

if u r really seriously getting the mugen bumPer...then i would get the Mugen intake....

but if its only a dream of getting the bumper...

then get the CAI

BTW people this guy is asking about INTAKES..

not your DREAM CARS!

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
Injen CAI....

if u r really seriously getting the mugen bumPer...then i would get the Mugen intake....

but if its only a dream of getting the bumper...

then get the CAI

BTW people this guy is asking about INTAKES..

not your DREAM CARS!
you are right, i did not read into it enough.

I cleaned up the thread so it is on topic.

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
oh, so you're a computer nerd who wants to buy coolness? Go with the CAI. It's more fun. I've had both. Either Injen or Fujita

end thread
no need for the insults

·
RIP
38,374 Posts
I will be paying cash..! I just got a real good IT job, and im only 20 and still live at home...

I plan on purchasing a Mugen Bumber as well.. So that is why I was considering the Mugen intake..

OH and I am looking for something that will give me performance, I dont really want show parts... I want performance..

I thought Mugen Bumber and Mugen Intake would go good with one another; performance wise..

Which CAI would you all recommend?
lmao

paying cash for an intake, big deal.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts