Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
EvoDriva
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone use one of those ignite buttons to hit spray up while running? if so where did you put it and does anybody have any pics of it .

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
no. Push button n2o is lies you get from watching too many movies.

a simple wot switch is a better use. (some use a button on the shifter, which is kinda the middle ground) but takin your hand off the wheel/shifter to push a button to spray = bad idea.

·
EvoDriva
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WarmPepsi said:
no. Push button n2o is lies you get from watching too many movies.

a simple wot switch is a better use. (some use a button on the shifter, which is kinda the middle ground) but takin your hand off the wheel/shifter to push a button to spray = bad idea.

you sure about that? why is that bad idea i have a auto rsx ? maybe for a manual one but me i doubt do any of you have any pics of your setup ? and how looks in your car?

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
no way! i've been thinking it would be pretty sweet on the shifter for a while! i didn't think anyone's actually done this though! got pics?

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
your transmission has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

the buttons you're talking about are for ENGINE START.

very few nitrous systems are rigged so you have to hold a button down when you spray. it can be done, but its really a waste.

also, if you do hook one up, make sure you do it in line with a WOT switch. spraying at less than wot = very bad.

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
02 DsrtSilverBase said:
no way! i've been thinking it would be pretty sweet on the shifter for a while! i didn't think anyone's actually done this though! got pics?
most of them are rigged ( button attached with tape )

·
Registered
387 Posts
Kits these days use a Microswitch on the throttle linkage, or a TPS unit.. for the new cars that dont have throttle linkage.... you do not use a "Push button" activation, for obvious safety reasons (hitting it while in low RPM's),

you can, if you want mount a safety switch anywhere you want, this is just to turn on the solenoids... so to spray you would need to flip the switch and then be WOT...

but warmpepsi explained all this pretty well already, so ill leave it at that

-Tom

·
EvoDriva
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thing, will i suppose your right i would think a toggle switch is needed to turn it on just i want something clean looking , when i decide to buy it and get it put in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts